trackguy7
22 years ago
Hey everyone. I would like to know what drinks compliment most cigars. I usually have my good friend, Jack Daniels when having a smoke.
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
do a search for drinks and you will get a good return.

GIG'EM,

Dan
CWFoster
22 years ago
my personal fave is a glass of chilled Ameretto! The almond taste complements the stogie, and if you stir it around with the butt of the 'gar, it cools, and sweetens the smoke! When taken with a fine Habana, it allows you to experience the definition of "living large"
deadeyedick
22 years ago
A big, meaty, Aussie Shiraz works great with a medium strength Habana.
Actually it is going great with this Perdomo Reserve Cameroon right now.

DED
sketcha
22 years ago
Maker's!

What Da-Glyde said.

mrkmitch
22 years ago
Non-alcholic choices would be either iced tea (on a hot summer evening) or a good cup of coffee, always a good smoke enhancer (especially that Blue Mountain Peaberry...yum-yum).
Alcholic choice for me is usually Crown Royal neat, sometimes with a water chaser. But, just last night, at my niece's graduation gathering, my brother cracked open a bottle of Midelton Irish Whiskey while we celebrated and herfed with a Monte #2. The Midelton was an excellent whiskey, and complemented the Monte very well, so I may have a new favorite.
jmitre
22 years ago
My personal favorite is a good Vintage Port. Close behind is a dark beer (Guinness), and then when I'm in the mood to really take my time, I go with Glenlivet single malt (12 yr...too poor for the old stuff). IMHO-Joel
grizzly
22 years ago
Bacardi 8 años añejo and JW Black Label are the best for me.
beta362
22 years ago
Jack and Coke works great with cigars for me. also, a good wheat beer (Hacker-Pschorr Weiss perhaps). in the non-alcoholic department, i've found that Dr. Pepper goes really well with cigars, it's somethin about DP's kick.
cfvickers
22 years ago
Most good dry red wines will compliment a god strong dominican, or cuban cigar try a merlot with a Partagas 858 if you have access to cubans, outstanding. I try to steer clear of mild cigars, if it doesn't make me dizzy, I feel ripped off. Just don't try red wine with a padron(I know that isn't dominican)it is foul. A Padron generally seems better with an good Single Island Malt like Talisker. Also good with Oban.
ilcchef2
22 years ago
Diet Dr. Pepper
Dr. Pepper w/ Rhum
Strong Coffee
These go great with maduros!!!!!!!
moob
22 years ago
I used to equate drinking alcohol as the best compliment to a cigar but I firmly belive now that a robust, fresh cup of coffee is the very best compliment to your favorite smoke.
Kazama
22 years ago
In Washington state we have a million micro breweries and a bold hearty beer is my personal favorite. On Christmas I tried Ameretto with a maduro and it was excellent, but I don't think I could drink it all the time. Too sweet. Coffee also is great. I like Starbucks French or Italian roast, freshly ground, but that might be a local bias since the company started here in the 70's. Rum is great with whatever you like to mix it with but try a dark rum like Meyers.
Thom
22 years ago
I'm with Kazama. Living in Washington we are blessed with fine beers. A good hardy micro-brew and a stogie, out on the deck of my favorite pub, or at home. Ya just can't beat it.
Users browsing this topic