dorloff
22 years ago
I have been noticing a drying and cracking in my wrappers when I go to smoke them. In an effort to monitor the humidity levels, I've been checking the temp and RH more regularly. One problem...when the RH gets to 68% I add distilled water to my credo (paradigm systems unit). Then for the next week or so, the RH goes to 75%. So, my question is...I thought that my stogies were drying, but are they actually changing RH too fast and expanding? If so, is there a way to manage some consistency when refilling the credo? Thanks.
Homebrew
22 years ago
Question,
Did you start out charging your credo with a 50/50 mixture of PG and distilled water??? I have found that PG really helps to controll the fluctuations in humidity.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
dorloff
22 years ago
The system that I'm using is designed so that you're not supposed to ever add PG. It's a paradigm systems unit and the manual states that it's good for a lifetime by only adding distilled water.

Also, do you think that my stogies are dry or have they expanded too quickly with the increased RH level?
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
I am not trying to put down paradigm i have used them as well and only to go back to the ugly but best, good old floral foam and PG 50/50. I also hear cigar oasis is good if you want something good looking and never what to use PG.

GIG'EM,

Dan
Users browsing this topic