billyjackson
22 years ago
I can count on one hand the cigars I've been able to smoke to the nub...I mean smoke until it burns my fingers and I have to set it down. I don't know if it is my smoking technique/habits or mediocre cigars...maybe some were too young...I don't know.

At any rate, I added one to the club a few nights ago...Buc Classic Maduro gifted from al'Thor. This was my 3rd Buc. 1st one went out on me. Another was very good but couldn't nub it. But this one rocked from beginning to end. Very impressed with the construction, even burn and of course, flavor. I really liked how it's presentation wasn't particularly "pretty." Kinda bumpy and rough, but well made. Had some texture to it. And the flavor lasted and lasted...would still be smokin' the damn thing if I had a roach clip!

As a side note, also had a Full Sail last night (also courtesy of al'Thor). GREAT cigar. Although I would have preferred a slightly looser draw, the flavor was remarkable. I did mess around and let it go out with about 3.5" left (playing dominoes and wasn't paying attention). But well worth it. I can start to see why Bucs are so damn popular.

That Buc El Captain that I listed in my Cigar Pass damn sure won't make it in now!!!
al'Thor
22 years ago
lol - great review. glad you enjoyed 'em! guess I'll have to bring you a Z if we ever get together!!!
al'Thor
22 years ago
btw, I'll add one to the "To The Nub" Club - La Aurora 1903 Maddie - I actually used a toothpick to nub that puppy until my lips burnt. It was one of the most purely delicious cigars I've had in a while!
Charlie
22 years ago
I smoke most of the good ones to the nub!

Charlie
billyjackson
22 years ago
Yeah...others in my club are

La Aurora 1903 Cameroon
Paragas Serie S
One or two more...can't remember...not too many

And Ethan, one of these days, we will meet!!!!
puskarich
22 years ago
Torano Signature has always been a good cigar for me. Perfect burn and draw every time. CAO Brazilia is another one to add to the club.

I've had similar experience with the Buc Classic too. IMO, the best Buc out there.
tonester666
22 years ago
I'm with Charlie. I have the blisters to prove it.
SteveS
22 years ago
I too am with Charlie on this one ... if I DON't smoke it down to less than 1", it's a sign I couldn't stand it ... and for the really GOOD ones, I stick 'em with a toothpick and go until the toothpick is charred ...
Sonny_LSU
22 years ago
I don't nub any cigars as almost all of them get really hot towards the last 1-1.5". But, the ones I could've seen nubbing were a PAM, Perdomo Estate Seleccion, and Buc Classico.
Unplugged
22 years ago
one word

Davidoff Millenium

the mother of all nubbers
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
I have only smoked two of them and I have 5 left one is going down Christmas Edicon de Silvo the best cigar I ever smoked and they go to the nub. Of course I have also nubed my share of Bucs.
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
here here, to Davidoff mel. blend, but i think its TWO WORDS J/J

GIG'EM,

Dan
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Padron #3000 Maddie, Buc. Crew
mroptimistic
22 years ago
Have yet to fully nub a cigar. They all seem to heat up a bit much for my taste in the last inch or two. But I still have a load of cigars on my to try list that I'm sure will have at least one or two that I will take to the nub.
jmitre
22 years ago
I agree with alot of you, Davidoff Millenium Blend, and PAMs, both nubbers for sure.

Go Lakers!
Joel
calavera
22 years ago
My first nubber was a PSD 4 that I smoked in Winnipeg. That one was so good, I considered eating the little piece that was left.


J
rjdc
22 years ago
I'll smoke any cigar, that I'm really enjoying, to the nub. Reguardless of the brand or supposed "quality". After all, it's all about enjoyment.

There have been times that I've used things like paperclips, alligator clips, xaxto knife blades, pushed in at the edge of the cap. I've had a few that went to the cap.

God I love cigars.
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Almost every Ashton VSG, PSD3-4, PRC, HDM oscuro and lately I've been taking Vega Talanga Reserva Tercios(last years') to the limit as well.
al'Thor
22 years ago
lol at calavera, who hasn't thought of that with a PSD4???
Homebrew
22 years ago
Calavera,
What you wasted that tasty morsel??????
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
P.S. I nub most of the cigars I smoke, unless I just don't like them, or the strength blows me away.
Users browsing this topic