tonester666
22 years ago
Anybody try these?

Lovers of fat, flavorful, full-bodied cigars seemed to have found the ideal smoke in Ernesto Perez-Carrillo's La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 7 Maduro. Measuring a whopping seven inches by 58 ring, the cigar is among the biggest of La Glorias, but has only been available by purchasing the company's pricey Serie R humidor, which was made in limited quantities.

That's one giant smoke. This article says suggested retail is $7.50 - I found them for $16.50.
mrtelcom
22 years ago
I have a box of no 5 maduros. I love them.
al'Thor
22 years ago
my shop sells them for $7.95 - aint no way I'm putting my lips around that puppy...at least not in public...
rasdas
22 years ago
Locally they go for under $8...

Put one of those in EMOTR box pass...and if my memory isn't fried too bad...i believe Homebrew picked it up...

Have a #6 in the coolidor...that one looks like it won't rouse much attention...

RasDas

Joe
Homebrew
22 years ago
Hey Rasdas,
I sure did, get that #7. I really enjoyed that one, and am looking forward to the next one, sent to me in a PIF, on another board. Definately not a newbie smoke, full flavored, full bodied, and some real kick.
Tasty smoke.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
tonester666
22 years ago
Man. I picked one up for the pass. Now I feel raped.
Charlie
22 years ago
Great cigar! You can even buy em in Southern California for 7.50 to 9.00!

Charlie
gorob23
22 years ago
I have had the 5 and the 7 Both Great Smokes IMHO. I actually was talked into playing another game of volleyball after alreday playing about 5 or 6 I think. I had been sitting having a few beers and had the #7 going and I took it onto the court with me. LMAO they figured I was toast from the coldys and the gar would do me in... We Won lol They were shocked lmao
tonester666
22 years ago
Just siitin here LMAO while trying to picture Rob playing volleyball with a 58 RG stogie.
johnfs
22 years ago
Sounds good for WA. prices.
lenny4z
22 years ago
Tonester, the info in your first post seems to be a bit confused. The LGC Serie R #7 is available for about the prices others have mentioned and you do not need to buy the humidor to get them, they are available by the box like any other Serie R.

There is however an LGC Serie R Limitada which is only available in a limited edition humidor for about $300. The 20 cigars in this humidor are a 6.5x64 which is a unique size, this is not the #7.

So which do you have, the Limitada or the #7? If you do in fact have the Limitada then the price you paid wasn't bad.

-Lenny
lenny4z
22 years ago
And to answer your original question, yes, I've had the #7. It's a great big smoke and as others mentioned it is not for the faint of heart.

-Lenny
tonester666
22 years ago
Thanks. I have the Limitada - I just confused myself when I read what I pasted. The shop had 5 of the glass top humidors in and he was selling singles.
gorob23
22 years ago
Tonester after 5 games I'm done playing, after 2 beers there is NO WAY I am gonna play, after 4, I"m all fired up and ready for the AVP tour!! The guy across the court was laughing so hard he called me gunny sargent! We kicked butt!!! Finished the #7 before the game was over, so when it did end, popped another coldy and fired up another smoke..the #5 I think 🙂
johnfs
22 years ago
Yep just check my washington local, 16.95 for the #7. They did have the limited edition but here I was not about to go there.

J
cruiser
22 years ago
LGC #7 Maddie is my regular smoke, however lately I got side burns on the once I smoked so here are my other favorites AF Royal Salute,Olivia O Blue label,Gol,samba,af#77,onyx and padron all maddies.Amen
cruiser
22 years ago
Oh forget to mention my cost $ 8.50 plus Tax.Amen
jdobson
22 years ago
I agree with everyone on this post. The LGC Serie R's are very good. The #7 is huge though. I stick with the 4's and 5's.
Homebrew
22 years ago
Hey Cruiser,
Give the A.Funtes Royal salute, in S.G. a try, if you get a chance. I would send you one to try, but I only have 1 left, and am having trouble finding more.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
al'Thor
22 years ago
I can hook you up with Royal Salutes all day - seems that's the one Arturo Fuente every single one of my shops has - I think prices range from $6-10.
Users browsing this topic