tonylum
  • tonylum
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
About a month or two ago I purchased a a few 5 packs of IT Cararoon Legend Gorilla's. I had tried a few before hand and really liked them. They're a nice hefty cigar, I think they're a 6x58 ot close to that. Anyway I bought 2 maduro 5 packs and 2 natural 5 packs. They have been sitting in my tupordor for over a month now. (tupordor is opened daily as to get out the stale air out)
I noticed that the past 3 Legends I smoked have this nasty musty taste to them. The only way I can discribe the taste is that it, tastes like a damp basement smells. I don't know if it came from Cbid this way or my use of the tupordor caused this. What I would like to know, is there anything I can do about this taste. If I store them in my new humidor would this help get rid of the musty flavor, or am I at a loss, and the cigars are done for.
Thanks to all who help... Tony

[email protected]
al'Thor
22 years ago
don't know much about tuperdors - the legends I have had weren't exactly musty - great gars. All I can offer is that I've had several cigars that were stored improperly and a month in a good airtight spanish cedar lined humi that kept good temp and humidity served to correct any problems they had. Although I would question the humidity if it's a musty taste/odor. could be mold?
Users browsing this topic