GTofMurphy
22 years ago
I have the week off for the holiday. It is 72 in Dallas today and I'm sitting out at the pool in the backyard smoking a CAO Brazillia to the nub.

Life is good!

GTofMurphy

P.S. AND the Cowboys are back in the playoffs
al'Thor
22 years ago
amen, now if one of our shops could just get some anejo, woa, btl or uts!!! at least I found a shop with 1/2 a box of 1926!!! Saving that No.1 for tomorrow night - I like cold weather, but it's good to be able to enjoy an exceptional 1.5 hour cigar on my patio in comfort!!!
Uriah Heef
22 years ago
Hey I'm from your area! And it IS nice today. Do you ever go to the herfs in Plano?

wilshinatadvantexmaildotnet
hdking
22 years ago
how ya"ll in dfw. after the holidays, i would like to do a good texas box pass, with one exception invite homebrew,he still thinks about texas. anybody interested.
Homebrew
22 years ago
Sounds good to me. Count me in, if ya get it going. I still need to get down to DFW, to herf with AlThor.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
rasdas
22 years ago
Well...i've got Far West Texas covered...

RasDas

Joe
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
college station is in for the pass

GIG'EM,

Dan

Ashtonsmoker@hotmail
rasdas
22 years ago
Man...i miss my college station days...what a blur it was...

RasDas

Joe
Uriah Heef
22 years ago
pardon my ignorance but, what is a box pass?
al'Thor
22 years ago
if you take a look at some of the box pass posts on the trades board you can figure it out. it's a big group "trade" of sorts where you get a list of say 10-15 participants, the first person (the originator of the boxpass) takes a bunch of cigars, packages them up, sends them to the first person on the list, they take a couple out and replace those with some new ones and then sends the box on - eventually it gets back to the originator. I did one a few months ago - it was very rewarding. I'm in for a texas boxpass - especially with Homebrew - when ya coming down, Dave???

I'm all about a Plano herf - I live in Allen. In laws are coming in town today - someone please save me!!!
Homebrew
22 years ago
Hey Ethan,
I am hoping to get out that way, sometime after the first of the year. I am on the job hunt, so It will probably be for a job interview, I have sent resumes all over the south, Too cold for me up North. On a related note, what is the Real Estate licensing process like in Texas. Have been taking a course here in Arkansas.
U.H. As for a box pass, here are some links to Ethans Box Pass.
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=6&messageDisplay=0000000012957 
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=6&messageDisplay=0000000013119 
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=6&messageDisplay=0000000013165 
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=6&messageDisplay=0000000013324 
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=6&messageDisplay=0000000013384 
These are just a few of the threads, check them out.
Hope this helps.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
al'Thor
22 years ago
Dave, email me at ethanareed at sbcglobal.net and I'll tell you everything you could ever want to know about the world of Texas Real Estate!!! (hint, hint to you boys in the area, great time to buy a house...or an apartment building....or a mall.....)
rasdas
22 years ago
A mall...cool...that way i could close it down when i want to shop alone...and have like 10 cigar stores that all carry Sharks....oh yeah...to dream...time to go get some Mega-Millions tickets...

RasDas

Joe
Homebrew
22 years ago
Your right Ethan,
Interest rates are down, It's a buyers market, and the economy is on a rebound. Commercial real estate is especially attractive right now.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
P.S. Act soon, before the Fed raises interest rates.
al'Thor
22 years ago
ok, boys, you heard what Dave said, who's ready to buy???!!!
Homebrew
22 years ago
Hey Ethan,
Thanks for the info.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
hdking
22 years ago
have not heard from BMW since the party. how about a pass
BMW
  • BMW
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Hi hdking!

I survived the party and made to the home base for Christmas. There might be a couple of others who are under house arrest after the party, but you should be home for Christmas any way, LOL.

As for a Texas box pass, you know there are a couple of misplaced Texans, jd1, Mr. Mean and a coule of others, that frequent here also. Keep me informed as to the rules and when, so I guess it's OK to put me on the list if it gets off the ground.

Barry
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Thanks for the mention Barry; would be honored to join, if considered.
hdking
22 years ago
uriah heef, a texas box pass is were you put all your cigars in a box and send them to me. just kidding.
Users browsing this topic