Steve*R
  • Steve*R
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
CBid offers a few brands of cigars that I find difficult to locate elsewhere. Consequently, when I see they are available, even though I may have many on hand, I still place a bid. Often, if there are multiple 5-pks lots, I'll bid on them all, assuming with a level of certainty, that I may get one or two of the multiple 5-packs offered. Last week I bid on all four 5-pks of one of the brands that I watch, then forgot all about it. I checked my email account reserved for cigars, this morning, and I was quite surprised to discover that my bid was successful for all four of the 5-pks. What a pleasant surprise!
mpingree
22 years ago
Isn't it great when that happens !! I don't have the patience to wait and see, I'm always checking. My only real problem is CRS (can't remember ****) disease. !!
ky70
22 years ago
Steve,
I had the same experience (bid on 4 hoping to win 1 and won all 4) about 3 weeks ago...and much like you, I'm also unwilling to reveal its' identity, lol.

Ken
jmitre
22 years ago
You know the flip side is when you bet on a $hit load of cigars expecting to win 1 or 2 five packs, then end up winning a boatload that will require explaining to do to the Chief Financial Officer (wife). I guess it was a nice way to get in trouble.
Homebrew
22 years ago
Yep jmitre ,
This has happened to me. Didn't have a wife to complain, but I did have to live on pot pies, and beans for a week. LOL Just joking.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Users browsing this topic