r3dl4b3l
22 years ago
hey guys im new here and had a newbie question on storing. i have some cigars that are in the orginal metal tubes and was wondering if i should open the tube or take them out while in the humidor? thanks in advance
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
I have read several places to take the cap off the tube it seems to work for me.
jmitre
22 years ago
I can tell you that I do take them out of the tubes, but that's just preference on my part. I think the most important thing is that they are stored in the proper environment (ideally 70-70), i.e. a humidor. Good luck.

Joel
CWFoster
22 years ago
No container is 100% airtight, or you wouldn;'t need to keep the tubos in a humidor at all. As the previous posts have already pointed out, it's largely a matter of preference. However, if you access you humidor often, the temporary drop in RH will not reach cigars that remain within cellophane wrappers or aluminium or glass tubes, as the RH will stabilize before the change can be felt through the wrapper/tube. I hope this has further confused an already confusing issue (just kidding). Welcome to the asylum!
sketcha
22 years ago
Take 'em out!


Welcome to the asylem,

Bid low.

Keep CI's page open for comparison.

Have fun.
AJ_CHICAGO
22 years ago
What Sketcha said. They will not age and mellow as quickly in a tube as not, but they aren't as susceptible to jumps in humidity and mold while in the tubes. Your choice.
eleltea
22 years ago
r2d2, use the search feature. there are some good answers to this question here:

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=1&messageDisplay=0000000016778 
cayman2b
22 years ago
leave them in the tubes.. take off the cap and keep
for future trades or transport..
JMHO
martini
22 years ago
tubes suck take them out!!!!


martini
Users browsing this topic