RknRmnd
  • RknRmnd
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
There has been endless talk about pre-embargo tobacco lately and I was gifted a couple of these cigars for Christmas. Said to be by Altadis S.A. or the such "Armenter Cigars" maybe. I just finished the lighter shade cigar and was amazed at how much it was like other ISOM's. Tasted very authentic indeed.. In fact, I can not remember the last cigar I smoked to the nub before this one. It's been a while. A Great gift indeed IMHO! What does anyone know about these?
RJ
Slimboli
22 years ago
RknRmnd --- do these have either the 'red and white' band or the 'silver and white' band that say Armenter?

If so, these are not pre-embargo cigars, but were made in the Canary Islands with imported Cuban tobacco, and Canary Island wrapper.

They had a 'European' export with the Cuban filler, and a 'Domestic' for US export with Canary Island filler, and the four boxes I once had were from 1992 ...
RknRmnd
  • RknRmnd
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Slim,
Don't really know how old they were although they were well kept. Came from a store in Hilton Head and didn't have a band.
RJ
Users browsing this topic