beta362
  • beta362
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
i have a big shipmnt from Cbid that just shipped today and won't be here in Tennessee until the 29th! i got a box of Astral Favoritos (25), 2 Astral TVS samplers (8 each), 1 Torano Sampler (8), and a 5-pack of Torano signature.

question...
Will sitting in warehouses and on trucks, etc. over this period of timecwith it being cold outside hurt my cigs??? think they could start to dry out?
RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
THEY WILL ALL DIE.
RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
the cigars are not as delicate as you think they are. they will all be sealed and i have left boxes unopened for weeks at my house or in the trunk of the car.

worry not, they will be ok.
RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
besides, they are mostly dog rockets, so why care.
beta362
  • beta362
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
yeah i figured they'd be fine, just wanted a second opinion.
and hey!! they aren't dog rockets! i happen to like Torano's quite a bit...and the Astrals i just bought b/c i got good deals and wanted to try them
RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
i smoke bad frogs, so what do i know.
mroptimistic
22 years ago
I personally like the astral tvs, got a couple five packs of the robustos a few weeks back. Not top ten but good cigars.

Your lucky though, your getting them after 6 days, mine shipped on the 19th and aren't due in untill the 30th. 11 day shipping, what is the world coming to 😞
Slimboli
22 years ago
Personally, and no offense Rick, but I would never leave cigars out like that, especially in the trunk of my car ...

... highly 'unorthodox', and following that advice could lead to potential problems with your cigars. Besides, why push your luck and take chances?

On the other hand, the short trip to you place should not hurt them ... just allow them some time to rest in your humidor after their journey, of you want them to be at their peak.
beta362
  • beta362
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
thanks Slim, that's good advice
Thom
22 years ago
I'm glad you asked about this beta, I'm in the same boat as you. 11 days. Yeesh! You'd think it was Christmas or something.
Unplugged
22 years ago
Y'all just need to move closer. My weekly shipped packages make it in one day 🙂 oh, I think I hear the UPS truck now..:)

Well, I am just a few states south of HQ.

Ben
Homebrew
22 years ago
Hey Guys,
Call cbid customer support, and ask to be switched to USPS. I usually get my cbid order, on Monday. I have weekly shipping, so they are usually shipped on Thurs. Sometimes Fri. This week I got my package on Tues. But that probably had something to do with the Holidays. By the Way, USPS shipping will be slightly higher, if your shipment is over $50 dollars, insurance, but I think it is worth it. UPS was taking 5-10 days.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Users browsing this topic