al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
I thought the bidding might be light the day after Christmas so I tossed out a bunch of bids, and wouldn't you know it - got a fiver of CT Silver Edition for $9!! These babies are some of my favorites and retail for $6 each at my local shop! Man, I love cbid!!!
billyjackson
22 years ago
I remember early in my experience here on CBid that someone posted their very good fortune on the auction and someone got pissed about them bragging. Times have changed....or is it that we just can't get mad at Ethan?

sketcha
22 years ago
No, Billy it's... don't get mad, get even!
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
No, Billy is right, the "Can't get mad at Ethan" rule has been around for some time... I think cbid is going to add it to their forum rules soon...
Slimboli
22 years ago
billyjackson --- the only reason anyone got mad, was that the prices would soon 'sky-rocket' on future bids ...

... especially after the 'some of my favorites' confession ...
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
But of course, you know the rule about not bidding on any of Ethan's favorites, right? Trish promised to add that rule to the 'Forum Rules' soon, also....
KNOF
22 years ago
And rules were made to be broken!!! Heheheeeee!


Knof
rasdas
22 years ago
I thought they were just going to end the auction right after Ethan bid....

RasDas

Joe
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Wow, good suggestion - we'll make that amendment....
ajeroth
22 years ago
I can't complain either... I threw out a bid on a Colibri CX-30 All Terain. I won it for 28.00 on Christmas day. What a present. It could be the fact that CBid was Down all day on the 25th... eheheheh

ajeroth
Slimboli
22 years ago
Hey ajeroth --- I just snagged one for the same price today!

I bid on it a few hours before the auction closed, and didn't think I would score.

I think I remember you saying you lived in CO, so let me know how it works. I gave my brother a real nice torch ligher for Christmas ... and when he got home to CO, he couldn't get it to work.

I'm going to send him the one I won, if it will work at the higher altitudes, like they say it will.
Homebrew
22 years ago
Yes Ethan, the week of Christmas was very light. I got alot of my favorites, at the lowest prices I ever got them. I am filing that info away for next year. Since I don't have kids, or a wife to buy for, and make all the rest of the gifts I give, I can buy alot of smokes that week without the normal competition. I LOVE this place.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Charlie
22 years ago
Dave

We both agree but now others will be watching the date and bidding on Christmas.

Charlie
beta362
22 years ago
al'Thor... you like those Torano Silver's? I tried my first one yesterday, and really didn't like it. Being a newbie, it's hard for me to put into words what I didn't like, but it just wasn't good.

I've read so many good things about those Torano's...
Maybe they need to rest in my humi a little bit longer...I just got them in the mail from CBid on Monday.
AND...another possible factor- my Colibri was out of fuel so I had to use a regular lighter, I really think it might've affected the taste.
Can you guys taste the difference (a bad difference) when you use a Bic, etc.?
redsquid
22 years ago
Never noticed a difference as long as it's butane and not lighter fluid. I prefer the gold to the silver (but then I've got a pack of both coming this week).
SteveS
22 years ago
IMO, resting the Silvers for several weeks or more is a good idea ... I can't explain why, but it seems to be the experience of a lot of us that doing so improves them more than it does most other cigars ...
Cavallo
22 years ago
beta: if you're up to trading 1-2 of those silver's, let me know. 🙂

i'm a lighter snob, but i also have to say that i definitely notice a difference between using my colibri, a "regular" lighter (like a Bic) and/or matches. also notice a difference between regular matches and the spiffy zippy long cedar matches. i try to always have a back-up butane lighter filled with colibri fluid. if the main lighter goes down (and mine does, a lot) i can still use something that won't mis-flavor my 'gar.

btw, i'm a noob here. trading buddy suggested i pop on over to this board.

cheers,
tony b
Users browsing this topic