KingofSmithville
22 years ago
Been thinking of purchasing or trading for some. Are they REALLY worth 30 bucks ? ( I am discussing the Cameroon Dominican ) Thanx for any help. -Marc-
KingofSmithville
xibbumbero
22 years ago
Are they a good mild cigar,yes. Are they worth $30,NO. X
Robby
22 years ago
If you've never had one, you should try at least one. They are quite incredible and unique. The wrapper was aged for 18 years before they were rolled in the 90s…
navnurs
22 years ago
I have had a 150 series, I think the A size, and thought it was wonderful. Of course, I was in New Orleans on a business trip (= free) and had just finished an insane meal. Additionally, the barkeep was pouring 2-3 fingers of Macallan 18 for ~$10 each! It was an awesome night and one I will always remember with a smile on my face. My enjoyment of cigars is probably half the cigar and half the situation around my smoking it.
Another kick azz moment was a Monte #2 at the top of a bowl at Squaw valley. If you look forward to a stick at just the right time, it will only magnify your experience. Waiting a long time to do the same will also make it better. With a wrapper this old, and a cigar this hard to get, could it actually be bad? It might be if you tried to rush one in the middle of a stressful workday, though probably not if you wait to smoke it after catching a 600lb marlin!
So, my opinion, these sticks are quite the schmidt! My saving the 9 I have left and the 2 Don Ramon for just the right time, will only make them better. That and of course even more age (mine and the stick's!)
Charlie
22 years ago
X hit it in the 'Screws" so to speak! Nice and mild and not worth the overpriced ticket tag asking amount!

Charlie
docrks
22 years ago
You have to experience one for yourself - one will be enough so you'll always know and remember the event. We're not talking about making these part of your daily rotation. Go for the $30, enjoy the hell out of the experience and move on.
Can you find a "better" cigar at less money - sure !!
But it won't be the Party 150 you're considering buying - go for it !!! Pull that trigger !
- it's OK to treat yourself every now and then.
Just a quick disclaimer - I do confess that I have just published a review on another board for ONE Cigar that cost me over 4 Times ($125) what you are looking to spend on the Party 150 ! So I do practice what I preach. Happy New Year !!
Users browsing this topic