sketcha
  • sketcha
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Goin' to Mazatlan at the end of the month to help my step-father celebrate his 60th.

Know any good smoke shops?

Any advice for purchasing ISOMs there?

Thanks,
Kendall
xibbumbero
22 years ago
Have fun and bring your own. X
Fubar69
22 years ago
Sketcha, You will see "Cuban Cigars" signs in most of the shop windows. BEWARE!!! I would only go to the regular tobacco shop. There was a cigar shop near Senor Frogs on the west side of the main drag that was pretty good. Also, there is one little shop just outside of the "golden zone" it looks like a little shack with a thatched roof. The guy sells leather stuff. The cigars that he had were pretty good. If they weren't "cuban" they were at least darned good cigars.

A couple of suggestions. If you get the chance try the ribs at the "No Name Cafe". That is its name. Do all of your money exchanges downtown at the little exchange booths. You will usually get a few more pesos there then at the hotels. Try the sail fishing if you can. It is a real kick. And if you are there long enough try to make it to the "Mexican Fiesta" at the Playa Mazatlan hotel. I think it is either on a wed. or thur. And always, ALWAYS, start at about half or third of the price that the vendors are asking for merchandise. Other then that just lay back on the beach and say "Mas Cervesa, Por For Vor!"...69
sketcha
  • sketcha
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks FU'ed,

I've been to Mexico many times so I'm familiar with the barter system and the phrases... "Almost free!" and "You buy it, I give you free plastic bag."

The rest of the info is much appreciated and well received.

I thank you again.
Users browsing this topic