tonester666
22 years ago
Well after spending a lot of time at the hospital and the remiander taking care of my other two kids I finally got to enjoy a gar.

Came home from the hospital(my 3 year old has viral pneumonia) put the other 2 to bed did some laundry and headed outside with a PAM 64. To celebrate; some time alone, all 4 of the teams I picked one, LSU beat the Okies and my son is much better.

The weatherman said it would be cold so I put on a hooded sweatshirt. Sparked that baby up, man that's a damn fine smoke. It is not near as cold as I expected so I went for a short walk. The thermometer says it is 26 degrees but it feels great to me. Returned home just in time to grab the needlenose and finish the gar.

Thanks for reading
night all.
Homebrew
22 years ago
Hey Tonester,
Glad you are doing well, and hope your son is better soon. PAM64 mmmmmmmm One of my favorite domestics. Glad you got a chance to enjoy a great cigar. LSU tigers, in my opinion, ARE THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. USC has a great team, but either of the teams playing tonight could have blown them off the field. If they wanna play with the big boys, they need to leave thc PAC10, yep I said it, get out of the cupcake conference and play some real competition. Hmmmm, I think my last PAM64 will bit the dust as well.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
sketcha
22 years ago
Glad you're feeling better, tone. Best wishes for the rest of the fam.
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Tony,
I wish you and the fam good health and warmer weather.
Dave
osage
22 years ago
Homebrew, I agree with what you said. OU was the only team that went 12-0 during the regular season. They just got whupped by a better team Sunday night. USC sucks! After Pete Carroll said that they would play anybody, anytime ,anywhere, OU's Athletic Director asked him to play OU the first game next year. They turned him down. So much for talk.

Boomer Sooner!!
gorob23
22 years ago
Ok lets get this doen right Tone glad the little guys gonna be ok. @ years spent 3 days and night bedside inthe hospitial with my youngest, they thought his appedix was going to break, turns outthat wasn't it and never did find out! Kids are tough glad your is going good now. Now about the Trojans and the pac 10! Was it just me or did anyon else notice that Auburn, Oregon, Hawaii, Washington St, California. ALL WON their Bowl games! Michigan Blows out Ohio State and USC blows out Michigan. The sooners look terrible, LSU could NO WAY handle USC's offense or defense and there is no way Coach Carrol could PLAY them next year schdules are all set years in advance. I would say if your really looking at it right USC was the best team TWO year in a row!!!







so there 🙂

Love these guys!!!
al'Thor
22 years ago
Tony, so glad to hear everything is getting back to normal and that you were able to enjoy a much deserved fine cigar. Only the best for you and your family in the future!

oh, yeah, and congrats to our National Champion LSU Tigers!!!!
osage
22 years ago
I understand about regular schedules being set years in advance. This was an offer to play in one of the preseason games that they hold every year. These are not set years in advance. "Anytime, anywhere, anyplace means what it says." Then again, this may have been hyped for the OU fans.
grond
22 years ago
I'm posting two separate emails I sent to whiny, cry baby sports writers on the West Coast. I won't give you their names but the email is filled with their quotes and my rebuttals. Here's the first one:

Dear Trojan Whiner:

I read your recent article/editorial on MSNBC on the farcical nature of the BCS. I couldn’t agree more with most of your opinions; however I do take exception to some of your comments regarding LSU. Especially this part,

“… And before all the Cajuns start ragin’, let me say that Louisiana State University has a splendid team and should be a solid No. 2. Nick Saban is a near-genius (I don’t like to bestow the full honor on any coach of any sport). The Tigers have a punishing defense and an effective offense.
But there isn’t a team in America today that plays the complete game like USC. The Trojans have a dynamic passing attack mixed with a powerful running attack. On defense, they stuff the run, rush the passer and rise to every occasion…”

These particular sentiments portray you as a West Coast cry baby who apparently hasn’t taken the time to examine the statistics or watch any of the LSU football games. I have watched Southern Cal and concur that they have an outstanding football team. But to trivialize LSU or its schedule is ridiculous. Your following comments are even more idiotic,

“ USC scheduled bowl-bound Auburn, bowl-bound Hawaii, (usually bowl-bound) BYU, and (usually bowl-bound) Notre Dame. Of the two, USC is the one that said, “We’ll play anybody” while LSU’s statement was, “Let’s pluck a few pansies.”

The reason USC scheduled those schools was because the PAC-10 lacks quality competition for a great team like USC. They have no choice but to outside of the conference to be challenged. LSU, on the other hand, has played the following bowl bound teams, all from within their own SEC.
1) Georgia (10-3) of which two losses were LSU.
2) Auburn (7-5)
3) Ole Miss (9-3)
4) Florida (8-4)
5) Arkansas (8-4)
Total win/loss of LSU bowl bound teams – 42/19. ratio 68.9%

USC’s played the following bowl bound teams:
1) Auburn (7-5)
2) UCLA (6-6)
3) Hawaii (8-5)
4) Washington State (10-2)
Total win/loss of USC bowl bound teams – 31/18. ratio 63.3%

The two shared opponents (Auburn and Arizona) were each beaten by LSU and USC by near identical margins of victory. It seems to me, this would indicate near parity in the two teams (as is so notably reflected in the two human polls.)

Sorry to be so long winded but I just felt you slapped some unjustified comments in your article. Lastly, I would like to totally agree with you that the National Championship should be between USC and LSU. How can a team (OU) which didn’t even win their conference qualify for the National Title Game? Computers are supposed to be 100% logic… go figure ‘cause I find no logic in this ranking system.

Regards,

Grond

(GO TIGERS!!)

This was written before the LSU-OU game.
grond
22 years ago
Here the second email sent to another USC whiner:

Just wondered how you could possibly make the following statement??

“Please. LSU's loss came on its own turf to a good but not great Florida team. Come on. The Trojans' defeat was in three overtimes at California, a rising program that dumped Virginia Tech in the postseason. In the end, LSU and Oklahoma were good, but USC was a smidgen better. “

LSU lost to a Florida team that had four losses (all at the hands of ranked opponents “Miami, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Florida State”) and a Florida team that beat both LSU and Georgia (the final #1 or #2 and the final #6 or #7 in the polls).

California beat one ranked opponent all year… I wonder who that was???

In closing, I’ll tell you that USC and LSU are the top two teams in the country this year. Because there is no playoff game, we’ll never know which team is better. I think the system got it right. Without a playoff game, you just gotta go with two champions.

Cheers,

Grond
turnberry
22 years ago
Without belaboring the point others have already made here the rap about the USC and the Pac10 is not defensible.

And osage......If memory serves me OU was not 12-0 during the regular season. I think they got the a** handed to them by Kansas State to become 11-1 and not even win their conference championship.

Arguing sports is almost as much fun as arguing politics!
grond
22 years ago
Turn my man!
How many PAC-10 schools are in the top 25? 2
How many played in bowl games and won? 4 - 2

How many SEC schools are in the top 25? 5
How many played in bowl games and won? 5 - 2

The PAC-10 is a cake walk compared to the SEC. Look at scores, stats and the like. Funny thing is that if it weren't for LSU, we might likely be talking about Georgia as the National Champion. Few remember that Georgia had three losses. Two to LSU and one to the same Florida team that beat LSU.

tonester666
22 years ago
Man this turned into thread jack hell.

My son came home tonight. Man is he one cranky little... 5 days of being waited on hand and foot has spoiled him. He really liked that he could pee while in bed and continue watching TV.

The PAM was my first smoke in 3 days.
mrtelcom
22 years ago
Tonester -
I had my youngest in for 30 hours last month, it was nerve racking hell. Every minute they are there is one they don't want to release them, and you know it.
Glad it has a happy ending, and you are much more man than me! 26 degrees? WTF?
grond
22 years ago
Oops... sorry about the threadjack... I just hate it when people do that. 🙂 I'm going to smoke another celebritory cigar today. Think I'll make it a RyJ ISOM. 🙂
Sonny_LSU
22 years ago
I only smoke 3-5 gars a week, but the breaks in between let my taste buds adjust. So, when I spark up a good stick I get a real good feeling for it.....i guess my usual max. break is 2 days....3 is stretching it!

BTW, hope everything goes well!
Homebrew
22 years ago
Hey Tonester666,
My Apologies, about the threadjack. I just reread the whole thread, and believe, my Drunken Post, after watching the LSU Oklahoma game, was the start of it.
Hope your son is doing well, and you get to smoke more great cigars.
Sorry Again
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Sonny_LSU
22 years ago
SHAME ON YOU, DAVE!
Users browsing this topic