TopJimmy
22 years ago
hey guys, well i might be the only one here on the forum that gets a real taste for the TeAmo cigars. Are there any simular tobaccos? i really love the earthy taste of the mexician leaves. ive smoked nearly all the TeAmo line....can anyone suggest something simular?
Slimboli
22 years ago
Mexican Segundos ... around $12 a bundle.

Try a 'Google' search ...
redsquid
22 years ago
Some folks have had luck with the Hugo Cassars. The bundle I got wouldn't draw for ####. The little smoke I did get out tasted pretty good.
KingofSmithville
22 years ago
If you ever come across Cruz Real or Aromas de San Andres, give them a try. Also, El Dorado is mainly Mexican, with some Nicaraguan filler. I also think Temple Hall has Mexican binder and filler, mixed with Dominican. -Marc- "KingofSmithville"
tandem401
22 years ago
TopJimmy,

At last I can make a straightforward simple recommendation. I have smoked Teamo's for years, although lately, there have been just too many other brands to try so my Teamo's are languishing in the 'dor.

You want to try Ornelas. They are now on closeout and go for about 50 cents each! But be careful of which line is for sale. They have a maduro which I suppose is good but have never tried. And they have a flavored line, that is, chocolat, vanilla etc., which I haven't tried either and probably wouldn't.

Good luck!
Charlie
22 years ago
My suggestion: Leave the Ornelas on the shelf and pass on them! I have smoked some Te Amos and found them to be good, but not something I would have to smoke again!

Try Honduran and Nicaraguan cigars!

Charlie
Slimboli
22 years ago
You've got to try the 'Bolivar Fuerte Cuban Corona', if you haven't already ...

It has a Mexican binder, and with the combination of Dominican filler and the Connecticut wrapper ... it's a pretty incredible cigar.
GTofMurphy
22 years ago
My suggestion: Toss them in the trash with the other mexican cigars.
GT
redsquid
22 years ago
Why would you suggest he toss them, when that is what he likes? He's also not exactly the only Mexican cigar fan. I think alot of folks are reticent to talk about cigars they like, because so called 'experts' will jump all over them. I have an interest in a broad variety of cigars, and want to hear some unfettered opinions. Not just about the latest CAO, or Bucanero.
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Slim shoots..........and he scores!!!!!
coma-one
22 years ago
I was told that the vintage line was extremly tastee, but the shop that carried them was selling them for over $8.00 a stick.
The last Te Amo I had was decent, but not worth $8.00. I'd pay $3-4 for it!
Steve*R
22 years ago
King of Smithville is right-on about Aromas de San Andres. These have been made forever and if you like a Mexican taste profile, they're a decent smoke.

In the Te-Amo line, the Anniversario is an excellent cigar. Filler: Negro San Andres, Piloto Cubano Domingo and Havana-2000-Mexico; binder: Negro San Andres; wrapper: Havanna-2000-Mexico)

Hard to find and expensive is the A.Turrent Organic... a Mexican puro from Cuban seed. I've only been able to get them from a retailer in Lisbon.
Users browsing this topic