nwb
  • nwb
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
I've tried a lot of new cigars in the last 3 months, and I've noticed that I tend to like the spicier smokes. What are the top 5 spicy smokes you guys have ever had (not peppery or harsh, but spicy)?

1. Ashton VSG
2. JdN Antano (especially the machito)
3. La Perla Habana Black Pearl Rojo
4. Fire by Indian Tabac
5. Oliva Bold

nwb
Slimboli
22 years ago
... anything that has a 'Rosado' wrapper, and the 858SG ...
eleltea
22 years ago
Add to your list: CAO Brazilia, any, but especially the Piranha
bassdude
22 years ago
believe it or not the Cuban Heirloom is a very spicey smoke and

perdomo Isom

I know there are more but I am blank. I do not find the Brazilia or the JDN spicey

Cavallo
22 years ago
for spicy but not peppery-spicy, i'd suggest the carlos toraño 1916 cameroon, any size. having tried (and LOVED) the JDNa1970, i'd compare it favorably to that, but the 1916 is more aromatic and just a touch more on the cinnamon-ish side. but if you liked the JDNa70, i'd say give the toraño 1916 torpedo a try.

for peppery spice, the suarez GR royal corona brought tears to my eyes (in a great way) just half way through it.

smelly4tay
22 years ago
IMO, most of the Fuente line have their own respective spice, and the CAO Criollo in a larger ring gauge.
nwb
  • nwb
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
Slim - I've noticed that the rosado wrappers have a little more spice, so I've started trying more of them. However, I don't really find the 858SG spicy (more of a pepper taste) IMO.

I agree also with the Brazilia line from CAO, they are nice and spicy. I'm looking into getting a box of the Piranha.

nwb
patman
22 years ago
Pardon my ignorance here but what is the difference between spicy and peppery?

Now me, I like a good full boded smoke that aint very spicy. but when I tell folks that I like the La Flor Dominicana 2x Legero - Chisel they tell me that its a spicy cigar. What is your take?
nwb
  • nwb
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
Its hard to explain, but I like the cigars that are commonly referred to as spicy by both reviews and those on the board. The cigars I noted above are spicy IMO, but everyone's tastes are different. But IMO, if you like the VSGs, Antano, Brazilia, etc., you like spicy smokes. I guess the best way to differentiate is the prelight aroma. The 858SG smell peppery to me, but some of the smokes mentioned above don't smell peppery but smoke spicy. Kind of weird, I guess.

nwb
osage
22 years ago
Bucanero Salsa for sure. Try it you will like it!
chancoln
22 years ago
Camocho Havana H series and SLR
Ridgerunner65
22 years ago
Lotsa good mentions. Had my first Carlos Toraño 1916 cameroon today. Cavallo seems on the mark: spicy but not pepper. Definitely a worthy smoke
Cavallo
22 years ago
glad you enjoyed it! i'm working my way through one of each i can get my hands on in the toraño line, and i've not had a bad one yet.

had the silver 1959 exodus recently and liked that a lot, too. not as spicy as the 1916 but still a good medium smoke.

antonio
Thom
22 years ago
I found the CAO Maduro Churchill to be slightly spicey.
Users browsing this topic