jstiltner
22 years ago
I am newbie to CBid. Was at a Flyers game last last Thursday and was talking to this gentleman at the Holt's cigar club inside the Wachovia Center and we were talking cigars. He mentioned CBid to me and I have been hooked since then. As of now, I have a 100 cigar humidor on its way with about 60 sticks. That doesnt count what I have bids in for now. Seems that I will be adding another humidor soon. I have 2 of those mason jar humidors that work great. Just need to expand a little.

Anyhow, I have been reading a lot of post and have came across a lot of abbreviations, or cigar talk. Dor example; ISOM, BOTL ect... I was wondering if anyone had a list to help me tranlate this kind of language. I am sure I will catch on quickly but kind of need a cheat sheet to get me going. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

bassdude
22 years ago
Slim(I think) has posted this do a search.

things like

ROTFLMAO
ISOM
docrks
22 years ago
Pls check the archives as this has been answered and supplemented and re-answered many times in the past. ISOM = Island South of Miami = Habana product....now you find the rest

"Give a man a fish - feed him for 1 day.
Teach a man to fish - he feeds himself for life"
jstiltner
22 years ago
Thanks guys. I will start fishing.
jstiltner
bassdude
22 years ago
just look seven threads down.
delarob
22 years ago
FNG,

In the interest of K.I.S.S.... I'll keep this
S & S.
You mentioned abbr. The other B.O.T.L.s have steered you in the right direction. Who am I B.T.W.? Well, let's just say I've been A.W.O.L. for a while, but I'm back. I.M.H.O., when in doubt always use the search button. Hope you stick around. Some of these guys will have you R.O.T.F.L.Y.M.F.A.O.

P.S. P.B.R. me A.S.A.P!
Slimboli
22 years ago
jstiltner --- keep in mind also, that our hosts ask us not to post competitors in their forums ...

... as per the 'Forum rules & Conditions' that are posted right before you enter ...
Thom
22 years ago
AFAIK the BOTLF on this bb are a CF. The FOG's like to help out the FNGs even when they HNDIWTFYATA. You can ask Q's about ISOM or helping you with FAQ while NWAP! So enjoy and ROTFLMAO alot. Well it's TFAMGD while I herf an UTS. And FCOL please use the search it'll BLTTW. But that's all IMHO. TTFN

Thom
Thom
22 years ago
Oh, and OMT, SSSAC (Send Steve*S A Cigar).

Thom
sketcha
22 years ago
I was wondering if this qualified for a Slim friendly-reminder.
bigjordo
22 years ago
in that case.....
inwap!!!!!

j/k
Jordo
Slimboli
22 years ago
sketcha --- STFU, will ya?!?

... hehehe ... 😉
sketcha
22 years ago
Sheesh! I thought you had a GOOD day.

Hate to see you on a bad one. = )
Slimboli
22 years ago
I'm havng a great day ...

... and I just thought you would get a little chuckle on my little play on the 'abbreviation' theme ...

;^)

There is a very good friend of mine over on another forum (where I seldom post) ... and whenever I do post, he does that to me.

I think it's pretty funny ... and it wasn't meant to be taken literally.
contendertotes
22 years ago
very informative link !! alot of info for us new members here , Thank's !
Tim (:-} )
sketcha
22 years ago
I just need to be held.
sketcha
22 years ago
BTW, Slim FOAD. FWIW, IMNSHO you are a FOG who's FUBAR!

FU! WTF do you think of that?

J/K.

CUL8R
Users browsing this topic