sketcha
  • sketcha
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
I thought I'd start this thread with some of the standard suggestions for the newbies in order to save some time.

Read the "Forum Rules and Conditions" before posting.

Use the "All Messages" search function before asking questions. Many of the old-timers are a little burnt on answering some of the standard newbie questions.

Bid Low, be patient and let some go. There WILL be more.

Keep Cigar International's site open for price comparison.

Contact Cust. Serv. with any problems before you post them here, they are excellent!

Build a Coolerdor or Tupperdor, you will fill it soon, believe me.

Do an "All Messages" search for...
Coolerdor
Coolador
Coolidor
Colemandor
Igloodor
Tupperdor
Sweaterdor etc.
PG
Propylene Glycol
50/50
Hygrometer
Humidity
Credo

Cello on or off, doesn't matter. If you like, do a search.

Don't worry about over-bidding, zealous morons. They're who pay to keep this site up and running for you and me to steal the rest.

A few informative links...

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/cig101_main.asp 

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=1&messageDisplay=0000000009396 

http://www.cigargroup.com/faq 
EXCELLENT SITE!!!

That's all I can think of for now.
smelly4tay
22 years ago
wink, wink.....a great thread!

Topped, and should be on a daily basis. Thanks sketcha

Dave
sketcha
  • sketcha
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Here's another truly great link. I stole this from Slim in his recent "A ***MUST READ*** for cigar newbies ..." post.

http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/cigarstorage/index.html 
smelly4tay
Luminosity
22 years ago
Good hints for Bidding and this site. I am sort of a newbie I guess, I've only bid on maybe 20 lots and won maybe 10 over the past 4 months. I might also be considered by some a newbie in the cigar world in general, been smoking cigars about 6 years. But in this short time I've found that while you can trust various brands/origins/etc. The only way to really find good cigars is to give different ones a try. Some may suck, but you often find something new that you like.
sketcha
  • sketcha
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Luminosity,

"Newbie" refers to not only new smokers, but folks new to this site, generally less than a year. I, myself am also one. I started posting here in March of last year.

Welcome
dbguru
22 years ago
Yay ... guess I've graduated
Users browsing this topic