contendertotes
mroptimistic
22 years ago
Coolerdors aren't hard to build. Many posts on them around here. One thing I would say about his instructions are that you probably want to let it stabilize a bit BEFORE putting cigars in instead of putting the cigars in right away and then letting it stablize.
contendertotes
22 years ago
Thank's for your input mr o
Just trying to be a little productive here and maybe pass along what i found. never thought of asking you first. i'll jot that down on the "things to do list" and post it right on the wall by my computer............DARN-IT ! pin fell out and the to-do list went down inside the shredder !
mroptimistic
22 years ago
lol you dont need to ask me first. Its an informative site for those who dont know how to build one, I just disagree with him saying to put the cigars in first. The overall process is the same but I would prefer to stick whatever cedar (boxes, strips, etc) in first, let them absorb some moisture first so they don steal it all from the cigars, and then once its stable start addin cigars so they dont have dramatic changes in humidity. Not to say mine is the right way, but just offering it as an alternative.
Slimboli
22 years ago
Geeze contendertotes --- wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
snowwolf777
22 years ago
That is a great link. Makes it clear and easy for anyone. And Mr. O's tip was good, too. Now, let's have a group hug and light up.
ky70
22 years ago
I "built" my first coolerdor a month ago and it was one of the best moves I've made...and it wasn't difficult at all.
contendertotes
22 years ago
Slimboli
bed ??? what bed ? fold-out couch.....with pinching springs !! ow
arwings
22 years ago
Great simplistic instructions. Tells you what to do in a nutshell with getting into a lot of detail. I like that! One caveat: floral foam comes in dry and wet versions. Link didn't specify which. Always use the wet version for the humidifying properties. I've made several Igloodors but it's always nice to be reminded!
arwings
22 years ago
Sorry. That should read "without a lot of detail."
contendertotes
22 years ago
where do you get "wet" floral foam ? i've alway's got the "oasis" foam dry. which of course , then you could soak in your own mixture of solution.
arwings
22 years ago
They are both "dry" in the sense that they are dry to the touch. However, one is designed for a dry floral arrangement and the other is designed for a wet one, or one with water. The one designed for a dry arrangement will not absorb liquid readily, or does so in a erratic or sporadic way. The foam designed for a wet arrangement is the one used for humidifying agents as it absorbs uniformly and holds a significant amount of moisture. The florist foam itself should indicate on the label whether it is "dry" or "wet."
redneck1
22 years ago
Got my wet foam at Hobby Lobby. Purchased the PG at Walgreens Pharmacy. (Had to wait a day for the PG.)
djheater
22 years ago
contender you can actually read my thread for an example of what happens when you put the 'gars in right away:

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=1&messageDisplay=0000000018490 

The dry matter (kiln dried cedar and multiple box halves I'm using for trays) soaked up so much moisture that the humidity dropped extremely I'm happy to report it is climbing steadily and today is at an acceptable 63%. I don't think I did any lasting damage but then my smokes are all $1.50 or less if I was putting $35 smokes in it I might be a little more considerate (not that I'll ever in my life buy a $35 smoke...) 😉

~dj
contendertotes
22 years ago
Ever since i saw this link i've been "eyeing" this one cooler i have in the corner with ill intent ! i've got boxes of cards in it for the moment but that can be remedied in a heartbeat. i'm just fearful that if i do......it'll get filled and i'll need another one and this will turn ito a full time job....and i'll be wanting to buy those "BIG" coolers , the ones with wheels so i can pull it behind me where ever i go....easily .
Users browsing this topic