Da-Glyde
22 years ago
Yeah NEVER SMOKE EM!!! Had a few over the years and they were a few steps down from anything drew makes, well tonight i gave them another try with and WOW nasty if you ever wanted to try them save your money and buy a good cigar.

GIG'EM,

Dan
Slimboli
22 years ago
I rarely will smoke a 'perfumed' cigar, but I found that Lars has a far better product than Drew ever did ... although grossly overpriced.

... two that comes to mind that I really enjoyed in the past, were the 'Star of Cuba' and the 'Shorty' ...
lars-tetens
22 years ago
Hmm.. Well, I actually agree with you both. I tried a couple of Lars a few years back when I grew tired of sample dozens of Robustos (BEFORE the cigar boom I might add), and wanted something different.
They were oddly enjoyable, but WAYYYY too expensive. When Drew came along, I scarfed up a sampler tin and have been hooked ever since. Just recently tried his "
Natural" line - love them too. No botannical oils/herbs BUT it sure tastes like there's more than just exotic tobaccos in there. I love em, but still like Lars if I can find 'em cheap (and fresh).

jdobson
22 years ago
About 6-7 years ago, I used to love Lars Gars. I was still pretty new to smokes at the time so that might be part of it. Definitely overpriced, but this was before Acids came around so there wasn't an alternative for that kind of smoke. Still at those prices the inconsistency in the construction was a big disappointment. But when they were built right, they were good.

I think the quality of the Lars has gone down a lot since then. I tried most of the new lines as they each came out and found them to be hot and harsh. The Grass line is stil okay (but not really for the price) and I still maintain a lot of personal nostalgia for the Golf line.
grond
22 years ago
Surely this isn't the Slim who constantly degrades those of us who like a "perfumed" smoke now and again. You mean to tell me you actually smoke or have smoked Lars??? I would call that a bit "two-faced", considering some of your remarks in past threads on the subject... but... having said that...


I absolutely love the Drew Estate Acid Nefasto and the Subculture King. Nothing Lars has or has ever had, compares to either of these smokes. The Nefasto is a huge (6X62) pyramid with the same flavor profile of the Nasty (another of my favs). The King is a box pressed Figurado (6X58) with a similar profile to the Acid Def Sea. They are both awesome smokes for a "perfumed" cigar. Also, neither of these have the wrapper "flaking" problem that I've run into with some of the other Drew products.
Users browsing this topic