mydsooner
22 years ago
I just paid $36.00 for two Opus X Robusto's. Not sure if i got screwed. Had read about them on here so i had to get some.

So the guy at the 'gar shop starts telling me how he has some that's been in his humi for a year......
Are you freakin kidding me!!! I got these things in my humidor and now i can't smoke them for a year....how the hell do you people do it? I could try to hide them under other cigars,but i would always know they were there. I think i might need to get some kind of therapist to give me some..therapeutic...uh..therapy.
Thom
22 years ago
Therapeutic therapy is the best kind. 🙂
jjohnson28
22 years ago
Smoke em,only then will you be able to tell...LOL

BTW,I like Opus on occasion but there are so many more cigars that I enjoy compared to these.It's up to you,

JJ
puskarich
22 years ago
Why cant you smoke them for a year?
mpingree
22 years ago
That's why you always buy at least two !!

One for now and one for later, most cigars get better with a little humi time !!
al'Thor
22 years ago
While these, like most cigars, do get better with age - you don't HAVE to age them for a year - just enough time (about 1-2 weeks) to make sure your humidor gets them properly humidified
al'Thor
22 years ago
and I've seen these go for $9-20, my shop sells them for $14.
delarob
22 years ago
If it was worth it to you to pay $18 a cigar, then you didn't get screwed.

I wouldn't pay that much for any cigar, but that's me.
Fubar69
22 years ago
My...you can smoke any cigar right away. But unless someone else gives them to you and they have been aging them for sometime then they are still considered "young"! Some will be "pretty decent" right from the box BUT will usually change to "pretty DAMM GOOD" after some months in a properly maintained humidor.

I have had some that were just "so-so" or even "not very good" right from the box and got placed in a long term storage situation (in case of nuclear attack smoke these) and then after a year or so I revisit them and "lo and behold" they aren't too bad or even promoted to "mow the lawn" status...69
Users browsing this topic