tmac7
  • tmac7
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Got a new humi from C-bid. Was in the processing of seasoning with 50/50 solution. filled Humidifier and put shot glass in bottom of humi also with 50/50. calibrated hygrometer to 75% ( salt test). Started seasoning on Sunday. and have been checking daily. Rh
maxed at 75% but last night when I got ready to load smokes I noticed a very fine Fibrous substance, white in color in a few spots. It was very minimal and wiped right off. Could this be in fact Mold? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

ps. have never experienced this before in any Humi.

thanks
tmac
Gb
  • Gb
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
The PG solution should prevent any mold, as long as you are using distilled water and not tap water.
xibbumbero
22 years ago
Being that it wiped right off,makes me think it was bloom(a good thing) rather than mold. Smoke one and let your taste buds tell you. X
ajeroth
22 years ago
I think the mold was on the humidor and not the smokes right? And PG won't help won't prevent mold. Its grown right on the foam of some of mine. I think somewhere in here it was said that you could use a little alcohol to wipe down the insides of the humi. Then let it air out. Reseason it and cross your fingers. I just switched over to Climmax beads and if you over water and the RH goes up in the box your still going to get mold. Just not on the beads. It'll end up on the smokes. Just my 2 cents.

ajeroth
tmac7
  • tmac7
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks guys. I'll give it a wipe down and reseason.It was very minimal but still troubling.

tmac7
Users browsing this topic