HarleyDave
22 years ago
This cigar was a torpedo 5 3/4" in length with a ring gauge around 52. It had a dark wrapper that was just starting to ploom. The wrapper was somewhat veiny with a very oily texture. After cutting I took a few prelight draws. The draw was firm with a nutty flavor.

After lighting the coffee flavors became very noticable. Very strong like espresso but very smooth. The ash was very light grey with white flakes. Tapped off the ash after the first 2 inches. Very firm ash.

It burned almost perfectly and about 2" inches in I started to taste bitter chocolate along with the stron coffee. It never got harsh or bitter and I smoked it to the nub.

Liked this one a great deal.

So what was it Tony?
226409.JPG

Click to View Image137 View(s)

Da-Glyde
22 years ago
GOT ME???

GIG'EM,
Schmitty22
22 years ago
jazzman
22 years ago
It looks alot like a Buc Classico Maduro Belicoso.
al'Thor
22 years ago
yeah, kidnda - or a oliva
bassdude
22 years ago
On this one I gotta ask what you think it was.

bassdude
22 years ago
HarleyDave
22 years ago
Well the flavor profile reminded me of the CAO extreme but much smoother. It also has some qualities of a house brand I've smoked before.

Oliva is a good guess but this seemed definitely stronger.

How much age did it have on it?
bassdude
22 years ago
I bought it in November.
PadronMan
22 years ago
It looks like "The Cigar" by Perdomo.

PM
HarleyDave
22 years ago
I've been trying to come up with what it was but I can't remember ever having a cigar with that strong a coffee flavor without it being harsh and bitter.
bassdude
22 years ago
it is Fuente
MACS
22 years ago
MACS
22 years ago
Nope... the one I had got a lot bigger towards the foot... and it squared off too...
bassdude
22 years ago
the one you had was a shark. they make several sizes.

HarleyDave
22 years ago
Didn't taste like any of the Anejo 55s I've ever had and it was only 5.75" so I think it has to be the Cuban Beli SG. I actually bought a box of those almost a year ago and haven't smoked one in almost 9 months.

Is that was it is?
MACS
22 years ago
Dave... he said it was a shark. AF Anejo. I was right. What do I win Tony???

I kid. Good guess though, huh?

And I have only had one of them that was part of my Drmaddvibe newbie bomb. Can't find them in any shop near me...
bassdude
22 years ago
it was an anejo - I am pretty sure I sent you one from 2003. If not it had 2 - 3 years on it.
HarleyDave
22 years ago
Now I have to smoke one from the box of 55s I split with Low this year. I hope mine taste as good. If not, then it must be the aging. 😉

Thanks Tony, awesome mystery sticks so far.
bassdude
22 years ago
I never noticed the strong coffee flavor in the ones I have smoked but I have not tried any of the aged ones.

Is #5 a torp also? I did not write down size for that one. I placed the bands on while driving.
Users browsing this topic