RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
where do you guys live that makes you prepare for an armed intruder.

it must be hard to spend so much time preparing to shot a bad guy, buying and carrying so many complicated hand guns with so many different kinds of bullets and never having the chance to use one.

i was robbed once in vegas as i stepped out of my car and a shotgun was pointed at me. i'll bet you wish it were one of you so you could quick draw and kill the bad guy where he stood.

if i had a gun to respond with i might be dead now.
i gave him the keys to my car and the police, using lojak, found the car in less then an hour.

the bad guy got away, but so did i.
adroomi
21 years ago
typical communist-pinko, liberal, homosexual, wife beating, incest-loving, anti-American answer.
Deriffe
21 years ago
I would never dream of forcing you to carry a gun against your will Rickmaven. It's a personal choice that we are supposed to have the freedom to make. That's the big difference with most liberals. They don't think we should have a choice and that THEIR way is the only sane way. Since they don't believe in guns, then no one in their right mind should.

Liberals can kiss my 4th point of contact.

Oh and having a shotgun pointed in your face, you made the right decision. I would have made the very same decision. The only difference is, as soon as he turned away, I would have put several rounds in the back of the S.O.B.'s head. I would have gotten my car back and no one else would have to worry about the **** sticking another gun in their face a couple of hours after he made bail.
andytv
21 years ago
I carry a pistol in my car. I had to pull one out and point it at someone once;

I was driving my Dad's car one day with my little brother, I was around 19 YO, he was probably 13. My dad always had a 44MAg under the seat, and I knew how to use it safely. We were stopped at a stoplight in a semi-rural area, behind one car. The light turned green and the car in front didn't move. I really wasn't paying attention, so I thought it may have been a short light and the guy didn't notice. The second time the light turned green, I tapped the horn. No reaction. I blew it a few times again. I figure this guy is asleep, but then the door opens and this guy stumbles out. He then reaches into the car and grabs a bat. Although pretty drunk, he was pretty big.

I don't know if it was the right reaction or not, but I fetched the gun, pointed it towards him and asked him if he would like to think this over (something to that effect). He didn't say a word, but turned around, got back in his car and pulled into a parking lot (presumably to sleep).

Now.....I often think of this situation and all the things that could have happened. If this guy advanced and started bashing the car, what would I have done? If he advanced to do bodily harm, what would I have done?

I really don't know; thats the problem with a 44. You just can't fire a shot in the leg to disable.

In any case, I am glad it worked out that way it did.
andytv
21 years ago
Oh yeah.........

Good move Rick. Those of us who are not combat trained would do well to avoid gunfights. I would think that most people who ARE trained would have had the good sense to have done exactly what you did.

Mrs.Tank
21 years ago
If guns are in the house, everyone should be trained in gun safety. I have been held up at gun point, and assaulted previously (two separate incidents). If I had a choice, I would have prefered being armed. Luckily, no harm done, just pissed me off.

My kids will be trained in self defence, and will know how to use guns.
boofa75
21 years ago
i'll take the gun
Users browsing this topic