dapperdan
22 years ago
My dad was on Bikini island 1948 US Navy, the black line on the stem of the mushroom is a aircraft carrier getting sucked up.
273203.jpg

Click to View Image92 View(s)

bullwinkle
22 years ago
Thank you for sharing these!
chuckler
22 years ago
Unreal photo... it looks like it was taken from so close, that I pray your dad did not suffer any health issues later in life.

Keep them comin'

PT
sketcha
22 years ago
Gnarly!

I've seen video of these tests. The bomb makes these capital ships look like tub toys.
Thom
22 years ago
Wow. Look at how close some of those ships are to the geyser/ploom, plus the one getting sucked up. Amazing photo.

Please post some more.
428cj
22 years ago
Something I hope I never see.
CWFoster
22 years ago
you hope YOU never see it?
redsquid
22 years ago
I'm surprised he was allowed to take/keep pictures. In my dads days in the nuclear navy, pictures were strictly verboten.
Jdllizard
22 years ago
Very cool Historic photos, thanks for posting. I'm glad we quit doing those tests.
John L
Users browsing this topic