dapperdan
21 years ago
Humidor # 1. I went to see my doctor about this and he started talkin about the north pole and south pole and were I live between the two I think he said bipolar. Then he started talkin about some maniac depressed dude that was runnin around, he gave me some little pills. I threw them away, been there done that .I think I will just smoke my cigar. Dan
279713.jpg

Click to View Image79 View(s)

sketcha
21 years ago
Nice!

That's just what I've been wanting to do. I like your organization too, especially the drawers on the bottom shelf.
HWYMAN
21 years ago
What a beautiful sight.
Thanks.
Hwyman.(in damp SoCal.)
mydsooner
21 years ago
That's it.....im doing it! Ive been waiting to do this for some reason or another and just didnt pull the trigger.







jeezy peezy!

Jeff
HWYMAN
21 years ago
Dapperdan:
Do you have any problems with heat or humidity during the summer months?
Charlie
21 years ago
Gawd, What a setup! I am extremely jealous!

Charlie
BeatDragon
21 years ago
With all those goodies, Sketch just wants to look in his drawers


FBP!
burninbluz
21 years ago
hmmmm.....wondering what goodies? are in the two blue containers on the bottom shelf of the door.
Gunflintwoodshop
21 years ago
That is nice! I like the wine storage I'd a big wine fan. Does anyone know of a good online wine website? I've been looking for a site that is like this one, but has wines at good prices. Thanks Carrie
Gunflintwoodshop
21 years ago
Thank you! Carrie
gadget
21 years ago
Cool you have the same disease i have (smokesalottis).The little pills help 😉
dapperdan
21 years ago
DAN'S WINE SHOP

73-360 HWY 111, UNIT #1

PALM DESERT, CA. 92260

760-674-0305

NEXT TO McGOWAN'S IRISH INN

"THE PALATE THAT YOU'VE TRUSTED FOR OVER SIXTEEN YEARS!"



WE SHIP THROUGHOUT THE U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!



FREE DELIVERY AVAILABLE IN THE COACHELLA VALLEY WITH A MINIMUM PURCHASE OF $150.00.





WINE TASTING FRIDAY

OCTOBER 15

5:30PM TO 6:30 PM

&

6:30 TO 7:30PM



'01 VINE CLIFF "NAPA" CABERNET SAVIGNON

'01 ARROWOOD "RESERVE" CHARDONNAY

'02 ROSENBLUM "OAKLEY" ZINFANDEL

'02 ROSENBLUM ROUSSANNE

'02 ARNOLD PALMER PINOT GRIGIO ( MADE BY LUNA VINEYARDS)

'02 HANGTIME PINOT NOIR (MADE BY KEN BROWNE OF BYRON FAME)




TASTE THESE SIX WINES WORTH OVER $100.00 FOR ONLY $5.00


WHAT A WINE SHOP!!!!!



PLEASE RSVP WITH YOUR ATTENDANCE TIME AND NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY.







October 2004 Newsletter


'03 Kris Pinot Grigio $8.49
Great quality and value!



'03 Estancia Pinot Grigio $9.95
One of the best domestic Pinot Grigio's out there!



'99 Folie A Deux "Reserve" Cabernet Sauvignon $29.95
$45.00 list price and it drinks like more!
Deep, rich, intense, break out the steaks!



'01 Truchard "Carneros" Chardonny $22.95
No overdone, elegant burgundian style with great finesse!


'01 Graffigna "Don Santiago" Syrah $10.95
Aged 12 months in new French Oak. Silky, round, gorgeous fruit with a touch of vanilla on the finish.



'02 White Oak Sauvignon Blanc $11.95
Fruit sourced from Napa, Sonoma and Mendocino. One of the best we've tasted in a while. Very impressive indeed!




'02 Domain Alfred "Califa" Chardonnay $28.95
91 Points Wine Spectator at $38.00!

"Revs up the intensity without sacrificing balance or elegance" -
Wine Spectator. Well Said!



*********************************************



GREAT BUBBLY BUYS!!!



Veuve Clicquot NV Brut $31.95



Rotari Italian Sparking Wine $6.75



Mionetto Prosecco $8.99
Refreshing!


Chandon Brut or Blanc de Noirs $12.95
Great Again!



************************************************************




'02 Flowers "Sonoma Coast" Pinot Noir $35.95
The use of age-old Burgundian techniques and attention to detail brings out the best in this small production, handcrafted Pinot!


'02 Patz & Hall "Sonoma Coast" Pinot Noir $26.95
91 Points Wine Spectator
Great Press! Great Price!


'01 Dominus $99.95
95 Points Wine Advocate
"Impeccably Made" - Parker



' 01 Veritae "Le Desir"
95 Points - Wine Advocate
"La Joie" 96 Points
Very-Limited! $109.95




I've hand-selected the following 6 Chateaux out of about 70 wines that I recently tasted in Los Angeles. These were the standouts and better than many pricier wines:




'01 Chateau Cantemerle $19.95
"Sleeper of the Vintage." -Parker

Very silky and extremely drinkable now!



'01 Chateau Cantenac Brown "Margaux" $25.95
"This well-made, attractive, medium-bodied 2001 also offers a hint of chocolate in the finish." -Parker



'01 Chateau Chauvin "St. Emilion" $38.95
92 Points Wine Advocate.

Lowest price anywhere!!!



'00 Chateau La Grangere "St. Emilion" $25.95
89 Points Wine Advocate.
The wine has sweet tannin, medium to full body, low acidity, and a long and nicely textured finish. It is a "sleeper of the vintage"-Parker



'01 Chateau Soutard "St.Emilion" $39.95
***The Best Wine at the L.A.Tasting***

Showing beautifully now! Deep, saturated, color. Fleshy, open-knit texture with layers of black fruits, cedar, licorice, earth and minerality. Awesome!



'00 Chateau La Croix de Gay "Pomerol" $29.95
90 Points Wine Spectator.
"Full-bodied with silky and caressing tannins and a long, long finish. Very fine." Wine Spectator




*******************************************************




'01 Ridge "Montebello" $99.95

95 Points Wine Advocate
40th Anniversary Vintage! Magnums $199.95 Half Bottles 54.95



'01 Quintessa $79.95

This meritage is liquid velvet, it’s off the charts!!!
Half Bottles $39.95



Mastroberardino Lacryma Christi White $6.99

Light, dry crisp- great food wine- way under-priced!!!



'01 Carmel Road "Monterey" Chardonnay $10.95

We bought the last 50 cases! Rich, round, great complexity!



' 01 Sanford "Santa Rita Hills" Chardonnay $12.95

Oooooh, that's low baby!
Quintessential butter juice from this prime appellation. ENJOY!





*********************************************



Here Are Some Old Favorites:



'02 Bogle "Old Vine" Zinfandel $8.99



'01 Vitae Sangiovese $9.95



'03 La Crema Chardonnay $10.95



'02 Haywood Merlot $3.99

dapperdan
21 years ago
No, This is not my store. This is my buddy. I buy 90% of my wine from him. He is in the same building as me he's suite 1 and I'm 7. He taste all wine he carries and has the best prices around.Dan
dapperdan
21 years ago
HWYMAN,I store my wine in here also and it's a freezer. I put it on a timer in the summer to keep the wine at 65 to 70,(it kicks on for an hour but I have it off now and just do it manualy) the blue tubs in the bottom shelf are floral sponges for humidity.wine needs humidity to keep the corks from drying out, just like cigars. When it kicks on the humidity drops because the evaporator sucks out the moisture so it works good. I just keep a temp and humidity gauge in it . It takes some monitoring but no big deal. I tend to look in on them from time to time.Dan
pabloescabar
21 years ago
cugi55
21 years ago
I have one word for you dapper...

"PLAYER"

cugi
NapaSmoke
21 years ago
Carrie,
If interested in wines and food, drop by my site at www.tuscantable.com and leave me an email. I live in Napa Valley.

Robert - Napasmoke
Users browsing this topic