myash07
  • myash07
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Sorry the quality of this photo is crappy, but this is me standing under my "bird". My squadron was VF-21 and we were deployed to the Persian Gulf in 1987. The photo shows a small atoll in the background "Diego Garcia" I'm looking for anyone in VF-21 or that was on the Connie.
315272.JPG

Click to View Image110 View(s)

E-Chick
21 years ago
Great pic! Thanks for sharing...

I had a childhood friend that was on her around 1985-87???

Still have his parents addy, but lost touch with him a few years back.

Marla
myash07
  • myash07
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
It's possible I knew him, those were the same years I was on her.
pabloescabar
21 years ago
thank's Ash...
myash07
  • myash07
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
^ for cadbeans
Damn I was alot skinnyer back then....
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
Great shot, myash!
Good to have you here, bro!
cadbeans
21 years ago
nice pic myash
blackfoot11
21 years ago
excellent pic jimmy.

and thanks for serving the country i am proud to be a part of.

what do you do now?

blacky
myash07
  • myash07
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I work for Dupont at Richmond Va
We produce films, plastics, Kevlar, Nomex and Tyvek, which is the process I work in.
dpreece
21 years ago
Sweet Pic myash!!!

dpreece
havanaone
21 years ago
Nice Bird,How fast does it go?????

Kim(HV1)
GUNNERLHD-3
21 years ago
Ash Great pic i hate to see the 14 go. I live at the end of one of the runways at NOB Norfolk Its great watching them fly by. My ship gets AV8's so theres my jet fix.
Following seas man.
usahog
21 years ago
myash07,

shoot me an email usahog(at)hotmail(dot)com

TIA
Hog
MACS
21 years ago
You can have the flat tops.

I like the little tin cans.

CG-31 and CG-53. My two favorites.

Then I was also on AS-41 and LPD-5.

2 more years of shore duty and I QUIT!!
myash07
  • myash07
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Thanks HOG

MACS(SW)
Hell Senior Chief, ya can't get that salt outta ya blood.... You know that!
K9JEFF
21 years ago
I was on the USS Forrestal CV-59 during the same time and place. I think we relieved you in the gulf. Those were the days...
SteveS
21 years ago
My son was an ASW/SAR on the Independence and had a buddy from SAR training that was on the Connie ... can't remember the guys name, although I met him a couple of times ... I'll ask my son when I see him or talk with him next ...
Charlie
21 years ago
Great pic, makes me wish I were 25 again and scrambling to the my plane!

Charlie
Charlie
21 years ago
Of course lots of things make me wish I were 25 again and still in US Navy!

Charlie
Users browsing this topic