Slimboli
21 years ago
This is the Red Eye Maple ( only 40 made )

The also come in:

Yellow Eye Maple ( 15 )
Macassar Ebony ( 15 )
Blue Eye Maple ( 15 )
Shiny Black Lacquer ( 15 )
316839.jpeg

Click to View Image3 View(s)

usahog
21 years ago
I've never heard of these woods before as far as Red Eye or Blue Eye or Yellow Eye???

yes I've heard of the other woods and Lacquered woods...

but could this be birds eye maple with these color combinations?? man oh man what a waist of some very pretty wood with a natural beauty of it's own...

Hog
mydsooner
21 years ago
i seen something on these. Super expensive right?
acrouse
21 years ago
usahog-
Exactly...you believe it?! They used a colored stain/dye on that gorgeous wood!

Art
DrMaddVibe
21 years ago
Darn...I thought it was going to be a Gene Simmons humidor.

I guess I could use the casket that they offer on their website...but I opened this and well...disapointed comes to mind.
usahog
21 years ago
acrouse, it is sad to see this...

I've got some spalted maple stock in my shop and trying to figure out what type humidor I can design out of it... and keep the natural look to it... as I try to do with all my woods...

Hog
Lowman
21 years ago
DMV... That's God of Thunder...

Sweet humi.

Low
Slimboli
21 years ago
Yeah ... they stain them Hog ...

... but they are beautiful!

I'll post the picutres of them.
Sylance
21 years ago
Come on.... someone needs to say a good brown eye joke. I'm not witty enough though.
usahog
21 years ago
yep I know their beautiful Slim.. I'm just a Natural look type person...

birds eye maple is some wonderful and expensive wood and accents anything no matter what the color stain is...

Hog
Users browsing this topic