usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
This is a pic I had the wife take last evening in the shop... well it's one of many.. she went picture happy LOL...

the last Napa Reserve I had in reserve gifted to me by Slim a few years back?? not exactly sure how many moons ago?

it started out different from the others as I recall.. this one had a perfume/floral taste in the beginning and kept that flavor till about 1/3 the way through... mellowing out even more to a mild leathery flavor... then about half way through the bold earthness flavor started kicking in.. bringing with it the mild floral and leathery flavors accented in the background... I did not recall this with the other Napa's as much.. very smooth with a bold kick all through it...

these will be missed....

Hog
316853.JPG

Click to View Image63 View(s)

lofty1
21 years ago
hog,
is that a sleep shirt? my wife found my old air force sleep shirts the other day in the attic. she's very happy now because those things are warm. those things were just about worth gold on the flightline during winter.
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Yep that would be one of a few I aquired over the years of working the flt. line...

wife used to lay claim to them for a sleep shirt... now she's gone back to the old T's...

they do keep ya warm...

Hog
Lowman
21 years ago
Slim also gifted me one of those Napa Reserve's... looking forward to smoking it...

Low
Slimboli
21 years ago
Oh man Hog ... that picture brought tears to my eyes ... LOL! I sent those to you a very LONG time ago!

I've posted MANY times, that is my 'all-time' favorite cigar, (the one that REALLY got me hooked on cigars) and it just happened to be the first full box of cigars that I ever purchased ...

... and it was right here on Cigar-Bid, about 4 or 5 years ago.

I won the bid at around $20, and through out the years that followed, was able to buy about 20 or so boxes.

I'm down to my last single cigar also ... 😞
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
well Slim if it is any constilation I fired this one up with the same lighter you sent me a yr or so ago... the Chancellor by Colibri... I finally (knock wood) have gotten this thing working and it has been working great now for a week or so... the cutter has been used 100's of times though.. and now I have it as a complete package for my cigar smoking pleasures... now to fix the other 5-6 stuffed away in the drawer..

Hog
Charlie
21 years ago
Slim

Save it! Those are my all time favorite cigar as well. I cry when I think that there will be no more of them......God, they were great! Am I rambling? Of the cigars today, maybe the CAO Brazila is the closest, but no, don't think so!

Charlie
E-Chick
21 years ago
Russ is looking a little Castro-ish, don't ya think!

LOL!

Great pic and review!


Marla
redsquid
21 years ago
How about a close up of the band. No telling what can be came across in dark little corners of the world.
Charlie
21 years ago
The band is Black and Yellow (only colors on it) ! It is called Napa with Reserve in block letters over the Napa and Cigar Co. below NaPa! This is important on band it is says Handmade Canary Islands. Has Yellow trim on top and bottom of band with 8 smaller yellow stripes around!

You will probably only find them in someone's humidor! Good luck but if you find a few boxes let me know!!!!! LOL

Charlie
Charlie
21 years ago
The band is Black and Yellow (only colors on it) ! It is called Napa with Reserve in block letters over the Napa and Cigar Co. below NaPa! This is important on band it is says Handmade Canary Islands. Has Yellow trim on top and bottom of band with 8 smaller yellow stripes around!

You will probably only find them in someone's humidor! Good luck but if you find a few boxes let me know!!!!! LOL

Charlie
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I scanned and posted a pic Charlie...

now to wait for CBid to post it?? LOL

Hog
MACS
21 years ago
Jeez hog... shave that crap off your chin soldier!!

They let you out of the institution and you immediately forget where you came from... tsk, tsk, tsk.

Okay, truth be told the first thing I do when I go on leave is hide my razor.
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I'm lettin it grow Macs... I maybe can inflitrate the Al-Quida and scalp me a one Osama Bin Laden for a few million penny's??? LOL

this actually is shaved back a bit... I let her go for about 3 months after my "Honorable Discharge" and I was lookin a bit Amish... LOL

it is do a trim though...

Hog
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
^
Bumped for teedubbya

Hog
Slimboli
21 years ago
This one is worth topping as well ... 😉
jetblasted
21 years ago
Good One ... Couldn't Agree More ... Great Pic, Hog !
xibbumbero
21 years ago
I'm with E-chick....Viva Fidel!,LOL. BTW,great pic. X
pabloescabar
21 years ago
what a hunk o' burn'n love...
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
damn I was sober for that mug shot... I just got done workin in the shop too.. see the wood dust caked in my ear?? LMAO....

I even see where I had the busted cheekbone and can you guess how many times I had to fix my nose??? LMAO!!!

frickin grownin up a riverrat was a hard life LMAO!!!!

Hog
Users browsing this topic