Homebrew
21 years ago
This is a favorite put in spot, for canoeist. The water is down. I took this pic, at the beginning of a wadefishing adventure. On that day, I had a blast, the fish were really biting, and I was smoking a Partagas Lusi. from 97. All in all a great day.
The flask of Knob Creek, went really well with the Lusi.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
340249.JPG

Click to View Image90 View(s)

prime1010
21 years ago
Is this in Missouri? My favorite is the Jacks Fork; I've floated that many times. Current is nice but kind of crowded. Last year I flew back from Puerto Rico for the annual canoe trip with my friends. We floated the Eleven Point; it was not as crowded as Jacks Fork or the Current. My all time favorite is the Buffalo in Arkansas. My favorite route is from Steel Creek to Kyle's Landing (Upper Buffalo) but has to be done in the spring because of the water level. There's also some GREAT hiking around the Buffalo. I love hiking.

David
vfrtwice
21 years ago
your killing me!! great pic. I might try my luck this summer at fly fishing. I need to find someone to teach me the ropes. I did learn a few tricks in the river last summer. I went up in line size to 10lb, and dropped down in lure size. The extra drag in the water that the larger line created seemed to slow down the drop of the lure, ie. keeping in in the hot zone for longer. Once is switched to this tatic, it seemed i could not keep the smallies off the lure. I usually fished lite line and the lures just seemed to drop way to fast. I think the slower presentation in the warm summer water was key. Just a little trick i learned last summer. A seasoned vet that im sure you are, this is proabaly no news to you ! haa haa GREAT PIC. i need a biger one for wallpaper, i love it
vfrtwicee at yahoo

keith
mrtelcom
21 years ago
I like the Jacks fork too. The current is also pretty sweet.
Homebrew
21 years ago
Hey Prime,
This was taken, one valley over from the Buffaloe. I live less than an hour from Ponca, and hike the lost valley trail, alot in the summer, the caves are a great place to cool off. The Mulberry river, is a much greater challenge, when the water is right, and less than an hour from Kyles landing. But the Buffaloe, has much more stable water flow, and it is easier to plan for a trip. The Mulberry will be great, for a couple of days after rain, but it dropps out fast. You really got to watch the weather, if you want a good float. It also comes up very fast, and has caught many a camper off guard. They wake up with water flowing through their tent. Luckily, there hasn't been any recent deaths, because of this, but alot of lost property.
Have a great day.
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
bassdude
21 years ago
Jack's Fork is definitely my favorite and the most scenic of the MO waterways. If you want to float on a very empty river go 4th of July weekend.

Never tried the 11 point but we take the kids on the Black.
Homebrew
21 years ago
Hey vfrtwice,
Good call on the heavier line lighter lure. That is definately the way to go, on streams like this.
I do some flyfishing, but not as much as I used to. I really give my ultralight a workout though. I might have to switch it up a little this year.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
JonR
21 years ago
BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!


JonR
prime1010
21 years ago
Hey Dave (Homebrew), do you know anything about Big Piney Creek? I've been considering a float there for a couple of years now. I hear it's a little quicker than the upper Buffalo.

David
Sonny_LSU
21 years ago
Homebrew
21 years ago
Hey Prime,
I have floated the Big Piney Creek, on many occassions. The upper end, above fort douglas, is awesome. The lower end, between Hiltons Farm, and longpool, has great fishing, and a couple of decent rapids. I am about a half hour from Fort Douglas.
If you make it down this way, give me a shout. I'll show you some Ozark hospitality, booze and smokes, on me.
Have a great day.
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
this is a make believe place isn't it? a painting or something like that. i never saw any place that looked like that.

it's to beautiful to be real. i'd just sit on the side and watch the water flow and the leaves change color.
Homebrew
21 years ago
Hey Rick,
I do that alot. This afternoon, I may drive up, and have a cigar, and just watch the water. Very relaxing.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Charlie
21 years ago
It really is beautiful! Agree with Rick, almost too beautiful to believe.

Like in the movie "Field of Dreams" , "Is this Heaven"?

Charlie
Users browsing this topic