Bubba7624
21 years ago
Mexico Got Ah Love It!!!!!!!!!
377155.JPG

Click to View Image98 View(s)

Lowman
21 years ago
...mmmm...

Glass top Cohibas...

Low
jetblasted
21 years ago
Hmmmmm, They Look Like Fakes, to Me . . .
Lowman
21 years ago
... ya think ???

Low
Lowman
21 years ago
Don't they usually sell Cohibas in a Jewelry store???
SteveS
21 years ago
Looks more like a flea market stall than a jewelry store ...
Bubba7624
21 years ago
Jose' the sales guy assured me they where 100% real habanos.
ddsmokin
21 years ago
I think that all the old timers will tell you that Cohiba does not sell a see through box
lukin
21 years ago
"I think that all the old timers will tell you that Cohiba does not sell a see through box"

What!!!!!!!!I was Robbed!!!! He told me ALL Habanos tasted like pissed on cardboard!!!
Bubba7624
21 years ago
Oh! This was outside at a little market on the street.
trainerchad
21 years ago
You couldn't imagine how many guys come into my store with crap like this and act all proud because they scored a bunch of Cohibas on vacation. Then proceed to get pissed at me because I give them a major buzz kill and tell them they got screwed. It's hard not to laugh at some of the prices these guys paid for this garbage.
BMW
  • BMW
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
When did the glass top boxes go out of productionn? LOL.

Barry
Da Chief
21 years ago
http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/counterfeit/index.html 

scroll down on this link....OH LOOKY! Those look familiar! LOL!

Gary aka Da Chief!
fpaternostro
21 years ago
What amazes me is how stupid people really are. How much publicity and talk has there been about these glass top Cohibas, and people still buy them. UNBELIEVABLE!
jetblasted
21 years ago
Wait, The Guy Told You That Cohibas Tasted Like Pissed On Cardboard? ... Funny Thing Is ... So Many People Believe What These Dime Store Vendors Will Tell Them, When, They are Just Trying to Make a Buck, er, Peso . . .
limoric
21 years ago
eric1989
21 years ago
We should just post this forever, as a perfect example of where not to buy Cohibas, and how to tell a fake from a glance. Ugh!

"Attention all shoppers at the Casa de los Replicados, we are having a one time sale on Cohibas, Jose assures us they are real"

Just had a freind bring me back some "Cohibas" he bought in Mexico. Of course, they were fake, and he assured me that he bought them from a good source. I don't even want to put flame to it, it smells like bad hay.
Gandalf
21 years ago
"What amazes me is how stupid people really are"

I don't know Frank, is it stupidity, inexperience, or both? Most of you guys have some experience with cigars and know better.

I'm not proud of this moment, but I'll share it anyways. When I first started smoking cigars, I went to a local who showed me a box of "Cohiba" yellow band (for $100.00). He insisted they were genuine Domincan Cohibas. So, thinking I had made a great deal, I went ahead and bought them. I know, it was stupid of me, but I didn't know better. It was even worse for the guy to take advantage of my trust in him, but like they say "buyer beware". If you haven't done your due diligence, then you're open to the stupidity of your inexperience.

It's even more complicated when it comes to genuine Cubans. Thats what these flea market merchants depend on - the inexperienced buyer with vacation dollars to spend. Its a good market because they still sell a boatload of these things. Funny thing is, I know guys who go down the Carribean every year and buy these things, ansd swear they're the best cigars they've ever smoked..........

BTW, that local I mentioned - he lost ALL of my business. I haven't bought anything from him since. So how good a deal was that for him?
bigjordo
21 years ago
i think that at the intro page to the forum, with the rules and stuff, there should be a link to a page that has all the stuff thats been posted a guh-gillion times so that newbies dont have to ask questions like cello on/off and dont have to post pics like this that just get everyone set on makin fun of them......poor newbies

Jordo
boofa75
21 years ago
I went to Cancun last August and experienced the markets first hand. The wife and I drove to downtown Cancun and I couldn't believe all the fake crap that I saw. I was smoking a cigar as my wife was visiting all the stands and the peddlers were trying their best to sell me these Cohibas. One guy opened up the humidor he had there and the Cohiba he pulled out was falling apart in his hands. And the band was a photocopy of the original...black and white!!! I wish now that I would of bought it just for the laughs.
Users browsing this topic