Mo'sMan
  • Mo'sMan
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
A Tokay Gecko. Had to be quick. When we turn on the lights in the morning it hides immediately.
388944.JPG

Click to View Image44 View(s)

RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
He's got wood!
dapperdan
21 years ago
Beautiful, I love reptiles.I used to breed the Giant Day Gecko. I ended up with so many I started sell them to the pet store. There the florescent green with pink or red spots. There not nocturnal and are very active in the day time. The Tokay is nocturnal. I had alot of Reptiles , Green tree pythons I never was able to get to breed. I had a Teague that was just plain mean and when you walked by his cage he would come flying out of his cave and try to attack you. I was told it was because I would just through in live mice for him and it made him very aggressive. The sucker could take your finger off. I hear the Tokay has a pretty mean bite also. I had a lot of different spices of chameleon also they take a lot of time and care.
bassdude
21 years ago
we have some anoles. this gekko is cool. my son told me the other day that when his hamsters die he wants a snake - we will see. i am showing him other lizards hoping he changes his mind.
JStrider
21 years ago
i have 2 leopard geckos, they are really neat little guys

and their way easy to take care of

I definently recomend them for your son bassdude... just make sure you do a good bit of research online... a lot of the pet stores dont know as much as they should
jetblasted
21 years ago
I used to have two tokay's about 15 yrs ago ... Back then, I lived in an older home. And, in the summer, we had a back cricket problem. I kid you not, that many used to find their way into the house. That is why I got the tokay's ... Ha, I never had to feed them! Very Cool to walk in on them late at nite. Sometimes they would be hanging from the ceiling, or, the back of a closet door ....
Mo'sMan
  • Mo'sMan
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Yup, great pest control. A friend of mine let three go in his basement and the roaches were gone in a month. They are shy of humans, preferring to hide. However, they will bite and the larger ones can draw a little blood. Day geckos are gorgeous as well. I just have a fondness of the super-predatorial lizards. I am looking for a Tegu currently.
vfrtwice
21 years ago
Wow!! You guys had cool pets as a kid. I was the hillbilly with the pet ground hog,morning dove,sparrow hawk,red fox,squirls, and chipmunk. haa ha . I think the sparrow hawk was the best. I raised him from a little ball of fuzz and fed him raw venison from the freezer. When he got old enough to fly, we would go for walks together out in the field. I will never forget the day he brought me back a mouse, like.. "hey dad.. you hungry.. this ones for you" I think the call of nature finally grew to strong for him and he never came back.
I made the mistake a couple of weekends ago of taking my girlfiend to see my friend pet cougar. Now she wants one. I dont think the condo associaiton would aprove! haa ha

keith
myash07
21 years ago
You didn't by chance name it Seth did ya?

LOL
myash
Mo'sMan
  • Mo'sMan
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
ROFL.......nope. It's name is Toes. My son's name is Seth.
Gene363
21 years ago
I used to have two Tokay Geckos that were large enough to eat live mice. They would grab them by the head then bang them around until they quit moving and swallow them. They were quite aggressive, moving right to the top of their enclosure if they thought I was going to open it. To clean their enclosure I would take it to our screen porch and let them escape. To catch them I used some heavy welding mitts. Alligators and Geckos are unique in that they have a voice. I am convinced that if they grew as large as alligators, humankind would be trouble.
Seth Gekko
21 years ago
. . . . nice pet . . . . love the color . . . . and to think, I knew absolutely nothing about Geckos until now . . . .



. . . Myash, are you insinuating that looks like me? My nose is bigger, and I'm only that blue when I drink too much . . . .
Jdllizard
21 years ago
I don't know anything about lizzards either. Very cool info.
John L
Mo'sMan
  • Mo'sMan
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Interesting thought Gene. Yup, watching one take a small mouse is wickedly amusing. I use a glove covered in rubber webbing so they can't slip free. Once bitten twice shy.
Users browsing this topic