sloth
  • sloth
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I was just going through thee ol' image files and I came across this pic. I always like this picture except that the cloud is cut off at both ends. The cloud was very small and it seems to look big since its not contained in the picture. What do you guys/gals think?

Picture was taken on the Iowa side of the MO river. Just a few miles away from Nebraska City.
397009.JPG

Click to View Image98 View(s)

vasmooth
21 years ago
I love Iowa They say its heaven on earth..
Gandalf
21 years ago
Looks like a rain shower sweeping across the plains.

Beautiful shot.
ryantp
21 years ago
That's not TOO far from where I grew up in So.Dak.

Beautiful country.
teedubbya
21 years ago
I think Iowa is beautiful. I grew up in WDM. you sure can tell when you leave IA and enter MO. IMHO Iowa is much more beautiful.
teedubbya
21 years ago
PS it reminds me of RAGBRAI. Boy I miss that.
jcwbnimble
21 years ago
Howdy,

Beautiful picture! Reminds me of Kansas where my Dad grew up. Miles and miles of road and countryside with nothin' to block the view.

Growing up in So. Cal, there are tons of foothills and mountains and smog. Rarely can you see the horizon, unless your at the beach. Always renews my soul to see the rural beauty that makes up the great part of our country.

jcwbnimble.
sloth
  • sloth
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
glad you all like the picture. I forgot to mention the photo was taken during the afternoon mid-summer last year.

A few miles East and you have the Bluffs... really nice to look at off of the Interstate.
ducati996
21 years ago
Looks like late June, maybe early July.
Jdllizard
21 years ago
I live right next to Iowa, it isn't beautiful, it's just there.
John L
mrtelcom
21 years ago
Where is the wal-mart?
ryantp
21 years ago
Sloth, you ever get over to NE Iowa? Decorah is a great little town. My roommate is from there, and I go to Nordic Fest with him every year. Fun time.
Homebrew
21 years ago
Wow,
If your dog ran away, you would see him leaving for at least a week or two.
Nice shot.
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
sloth
  • sloth
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
"I love Iowa They say its heaven on earth.. "
So heaven has Slot Machines, BYOB Strip clubs, and Adventureland? hehe...

I do like the Iowa side of the MO River, but I will agree with JD... I have rode across that state more times then I'd really cared to. At least in Missouri you can count the adult gifts stores on the Interstate.

ryanpederson: nah... I use to do rode trips to Milwaukee, but we never went that far north in Iowa. Normally just rode right down the middle into Illinois.

Homebrew: It funny you would say that. I posted this on a UK-based forum a while ago. Most of them couldn't get over how far you could see.

"Its so... vast."
Jdllizard
21 years ago
Sloth,
Your right about the Iowa side of the big muddy, it has some nice hills, I've been hunting in those hills several times.
John L
sloth
  • sloth
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
hey, JD... did you get that email I sent ya?
Users browsing this topic