bud451
  • bud451
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
...again
401067.jpg

Click to View Image97 View(s)

ryantp
21 years ago
poor little critter.
lofty1
21 years ago
squirrel ka bob.

i lost the ability to feel sympathy for the little bastards since one of them decided to chew the hell outta some wires in my new F-150 Supercrew a couple of months ago. apparently, he was cold so he climbed up onto the engine at night and did some "decorating" in his new home.

. . . little son of a bitch.
MACS
21 years ago
That appears to be an American Gray Squirrel. I used to feed them peanut butter and crackers when I was a little kid, growing up in Rhode Island...


...then for my 12th birthday my brother bought me a pellet gun and the relationship went off in another direction.
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
nasty critters! Impailed to death, how fitting.
teedubbya
21 years ago
lol macs.

My dad used to get so mad at these critters for eating out of the bird feeders. The problem was my sister and mom wouldn't let him kill 'em.

His solution - Crossman 760 pellate gun. He would only pump it a few times, shoot their arses and they would run away safe, but "chattering".

Where it became kind of weird is when the same squirrels kept comming back for more. The had to have welts and calices. I bought him an elmer fudd hat for his BDAY.

I personally have found my blow dart gun to be much quieter, more accurate, and admittedly more fun. Although my neighbors in Iowa probably think I practice Voodoo after seeing one of these varmets pinned to a tree.

After that I switched from the acupuncture type darts to the plastic slugs. I guess like father like son.

vfrtwice
21 years ago
This post brings back memories. About 10 yrs back i was a couple miles from my house and drove up on a huge brush fire. Just so happened there was an amish house across the road with one of those telephone booths out by the road (befor i had a cell phone)
Long story short, the local fire unit came and put out the fire. We got to snooping around and found out that a fox squirel was jumping around on the wires above, landed on a hot one and got FRIED. He then fell smoldering to the ground and started the fire. The fireman said that it was most likely his hot smoking body that caused the fire rather than sparks hitting the ground. It was rather amusing

Keiht
03screw
21 years ago
It looks like it missed major organs so he probally went r...e....a....l..... slowly. :o( even if they are varmants(sp?) it sucks to see that.
puskarich
21 years ago
"I smell varmint poontang, and the only good varmint poontang is dead varmint poontang, I think."
xibbumbero
21 years ago
LOL@MACS and Puskarich. X
gadget
21 years ago
Just a rat with a fluffy tail. I shoot them on sight. These are the most destructive rodents I have ever seen. Chewed a hole in my hottub and ate the wires, $250.00 to fix. Chewed a hole in my siding and trash cans. Found them under my car hood also. Sorry but i have a shoot/trap and drown policy with them. Nice pic!!
teedubbya
21 years ago
gadget -

I had a family of them move into the attic of my old house. you could hear them crawling in between the walls.

Because it is/was not legal to kill them, I had to pay a guy $50/squirel to trap them and to take them 30+ miles crossing 2 rivers or some nonsense like that so they would not return.

6 squirrels later the blow dart gun came in handy.
lofty1
21 years ago
wow you hate them more than i do. cool.
mrkmitch
21 years ago
Tree rats....
bassdude
21 years ago
very tasty fried
likescarsz28
21 years ago
I pop them at 800 yards with my .220 swift. All the little squirrel friends think the little **** died of a heart attack. There is so little food for them on the high tundra of South Dakota that they will break into your house. They are DMF every chance I get!
EI
  • EI
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
reminds me of a pic i saw about a year ago on the internet
A carjacker was fleeing from the police and jumped off an overpass and landed on a spike iron fence

same fitting result
Mrs.Tank
21 years ago
A couple got into my parents attic a year or two back. They tried all kinds of stuff to get rid of them. The varmints unplugged the sonic thingy, shoved all of the mothballs out into the back yard (along with the insulation). After Dad got the pellet gun, they went away. One by One.
rcpilotva
21 years ago
i think i'll print this out and put it by the feeder - fitting end to a tree rat.
done the pellet gun thing - like the blow dart idea - bought a yankee flipper bird feeder that spins the varmints off like a frisbee - 21st century redneck entertainment....
blackfoot11
21 years ago
i agree with bass. also, make excellent stew. meat has sorta a nutty taste.

imagine that
Users browsing this topic