Big John
21 years ago
Just got these on a trade.
I have no previous experience with Graycliffs. With all the hype I expected allot more than these. Wrappers appear common and even have some green spotting. Espresso is no darker than originals. Noticeably different sizes on the three originals. The cigars are fairly soft and have no real heft to them.
What do y'all think??
Graycliff
or
Graycrap.
403971.gif

Click to View Image106 View(s)

Thom
21 years ago
Are they all the same size (besides the espresso)? Or is that just the picture?
Big John
21 years ago
All three "red lables" are the same "vitola" but they are all slightly different in length.
MACS
21 years ago
Never had a Graycliff, but then again, i've never heard of them being counterfeited like Cubans either.

This is a melon scratcher...
Schmitty22
21 years ago
someone ping LA###### (michael ladd) here. HE intro'd me to the Greys and would be the best to compare and give an opinion on these.

I personally dont recall them be different in size or this veiny or course but i seem to smoke them faster then i can look at them 🙂

I will compare these tomorrow to whatever i have in the work humi still
Kevin7
21 years ago
Big John if you traded for them and they came from Warren PA them I would say you got the hose big time. There is only 1 cigar person in Warren PA and he is a scumbag deluxe ...Gamelover ...Pepsiman... sanepimp....chuck planker.....
xrundog
21 years ago
Did you get them from someone suspect? If not, they are almost certainly real.
Eggman
21 years ago
They're real, all right....real mediocre. And real overpriced.


egg
echo4alpha
21 years ago
Light them up. Only way to tell for sure.
BLISTER
21 years ago
Big John,
The caps all look different. I wouldn't expect that from a high end cigar like Graycliff, but I don't have any in my stock.

Check the bands, where they meet. That's where our boy normally fails. If they are joined with pectin, the bands should peel fairly easily.

I'm sure someone can help you with your Graycliffs(???)
fpaternostro
21 years ago
Don't know that much about them, but I agree with Blister that regardless of the taste, its a really high-end cigar thats made at one of the Premier resorts in the caribbean. I would imagine the standards for Quality and Appearence are pretty high. Also the 1 espresso I have is a lot darker than the one there, but again I don't know if thats common with this make cigar. Hope they're real for you buddy.
rayder1
21 years ago
I 2 that I got with a sampler set. They look pretty much the same as those except the lenghts of the 2 are exactly the same.

chuckler
21 years ago
I have smoked a fair amount of the red labels (originals) and I can tell ya the ones in my humi are all the same lenght, color, and the caps are very, very similar to each other. Construction is usually very high (although it is a rather mild smoke imho)...

In your photo, the bands look good, but two of the red labels look... questionable. As someone mentioned, they come from a very reputable brand, and the qaulity is normally rahter high.

But it's hard to tell from a photo.

PT 🙂
Users browsing this topic