jetblasted
21 years ago
Airbus is having a few problems with the new A-380. It is grossly

under powered.

They are working with the engine manufacturers to

see if it is possible to up the thrust rating enough to overcome the

long takeoff rolls and the degraded engine out performance.

In the meantime, they have come up with a temporary fix so as not to slow down

production. I'll let you know when the permanent fix is approved.

The temporary fix is very impressive, and may be applied to the

A-300/310/318/319/320/321 as applicable
404184.JPG

Click to View Image74 View(s)

Mo'sMan
21 years ago
for a minute I thought you were showing us your new lighter
blackfoot11
21 years ago
ain't no wonder its underpowered, the dam propeller's gone! LOL!!
John hay Cigars
21 years ago
Oh My God, how much fuel does that thing go through per minute or mile or flight?
fgruben
21 years ago
is this a joke? or does this really have that many jets on it? i don't know planes, but..........
DrafterX
21 years ago
Boeing has got to love this.
PurpleSageRighter
21 years ago
The lighter from HELL!
Gandalf
21 years ago
You should have a contest: a fiver to the first person that correctly identifies the REAL engines on this bird....

Photo shop is cool, ain't it?
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
It looks like it is wearing curlers.
adroomi
21 years ago
Gandalf,
I'll take you on that fiver....

GP7200's (or other variants) made by a joint venture between Pratt/Whitney and GE on the later versions, but for the first ones in 2006, for my compadre's over at Singapore Airlines the Rolls Royce Trent 900 Series, each pushing 81,000 lbs of thrust.

Do I win?
DrafterX
21 years ago
Very good description but the actual locations are the two inside engines on each wing. A total of 4 engines. None on the tail section. Left to right would be #2,3,6 & 7.
I think. What was the question again???
adroomi
21 years ago
Not sure exactly what you're talking about there, with all those numbers, but the four actual engines are the two CENTER ones on each wing. I think they have been moved slightly as well.
DrafterX
21 years ago
I was just counting from left to right aon the wings. This is one monster plane.
jetblasted
21 years ago
Hey ... it's Just a Funny Picture ... I thought you would get a kick out of it ... Yes, it is underpowered, as all Airbuses are imo, especially the A340, hence the photo shop jab at Airbus . . . and, Cigar Lighter ?!?!?!?
zapgr
21 years ago
the newest terrorist bomb

when will we get small planes servicing muni airports.

Sh***T i will have to land in NY to go to DC by prop

the airlines have got this thing all wrong wtf
Users browsing this topic