callawaybob
21 years ago
I bought this guitar in Sedona Arizona from an old hippy who bought it ( so he said ) in 1969. I emailed Framus and learned it was made in 1967 in Bavaria West Germany. It has a violin back ( arched ) made of Mahogany ( old tree cuz of the grain size), Mahogany sides, and Cedar top. It's 20% smaller than normal acoustic guitars but still has 21 frets. Plays like an electric, very easy fingering and sound great ( bone nut and saddle). I saw it and had to have it. Paid $270. My brother has 20 guitars. Most of them I owned at one time or another. Drugs, alcohol, devorces, hard times. Young and dumb. He has tried to trade for this guitar since the first time he laid eyes on it. To bad Gary, not this time. It's mine! !

Brother Bob
406623.JPG

Click to View Image77 View(s)

BMW
  • BMW
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
That's a beauty Bob. I bet the tone is wonderful with that beautifully aged mahogany.

Barry
andytv
21 years ago
I had a Framus when I was a kid. It was pretty beat up and I has probably been trashed by now.

I DO have an old Silvertone with the amp in the case though.....in good condition.
Users browsing this topic