Liz62803
21 years ago
I LOVE YODA!!!! 🙂 Yoda rules!

Liz
Sterling Robert EDD 7.4.05
407284.jpg

Click to View Image103 View(s)

bloody spaniard
21 years ago
Liz, please get some rest.
You are hallucinating...
Liz62803
21 years ago
Bloody,

LMAO I took a nap earlier I swear 🙂 What? You don't like Yoda???? 😞 I thought everyone liked Yoda!

Liz
Sterling Robert EDD 7.4.05
wennerman
21 years ago
yeah,I'm a yoda junkie too..I have a lifesize yoda and
every small yoda figure ever released..drives the wife krazy..may the force be with you
Tom
jlambert
21 years ago
Who's got their tickets? hehe, I DO!
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
Liz, I lost interest in the Star Wars series after about the 3rd one. Kinda like the Star Trek sequels.
I think the turning point for me was seeing extraterrestials talking like PDiddy and walking like Steppin' Fetchits. LOL!

Besides, Yoda looks like he could use a makeover & a clean rag.
Hard to imagine that little fellow kicks butt.
LOL!!

BTW, wasn't his voice borrowed from one of the muppets?
Liz62803
21 years ago
Bloody,

I'm not that big into Star Wars myself, but I just love Yoda for some reason lol. I think he's a hoot. 🙂 Never was a huge Star Trek fan either - my fav episode of the original series was trouble with tribbles lol I actually have a tribble - though it doesn't coo or anything - just a round fluffy ball - was a promotion at a radio station that I worked for in the mid 90's - they let the staff have the ones they wanted and the rest were given away on the air. Mine is black to match my hair color lol

Liz
Sterling Robert EDD 7.4.05
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
Come to think of it, I kinda like Yoda too.
I'd like to kick him about 30 yards through the goalposts. LOL!

Liz, you sound like you have purty hair.
Post a pic with the baby.
(Hope that didn't sound pervy.)LOL

Happy Mother's Day, Liz.



rayder1
21 years ago
Star Wars is fun to follow. I just can't fall into line like the frigging sheep who will wait for days to catch the first showing. It'll be out for a few weeks b4 I'll go see it. Just like every other new release.

I have to laugh at people who can't live without getting first shot at....a frigging movie....it'll be in the theatres for months!!!

I can understand waiting in line to catch the farewell tour of Pink Floyd or the reincarnation of John Bonham and Led Zeppelin...that's epic...but a movie.

Jeez.
Liz62803
21 years ago
Bloody,

Thank you for the compliment. My hair is jet black (not dyed) I did get red highlights once, but other than that it's all natural. If I can get a good pic of me and Sterling once we get home from the hospital I promise I'll post it, but it will have to be a VERY good pic lol or it will just be one of Sterling lol. Though I do plan on having a professional photo done of CW, Sterling and myself once CW gets home and before we head to Guam 🙂

I have a bit of a fanatic story about Star Trek. I went to see Star Trek Generations with a group of people who were all dressed in star trek type uniforms that were made just for the movie - though one of the people - who happens to be a professional Elvis impersonator who has even been to Vegas with that gig has done his own personal star trek movies - and even has one of the original members of star trek helping him with his latest endeavor. Let me go back to one of my hometown newspapers and see if I can locate that article and send the link.

Liz
Sterling Robert EDD 7.4.05
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado
21 years ago
Liz, I doubt you have an original Tribble and I'll tell you why. When ST-TOS went off the air in June of 1969 the final episode had been filmed in early February of that year. Paramount kept all the props in storage until May of 1970 when they had a sale to clear out the space. My father (who worked for NBC at the time) got 2 tribbles for me from that Paramount lot sale. For a radio station to have a bunch of original tribbles laying around 20+ years later is a bit far fetched IMO. I don't think they would have lasted that long laying around. You know how stuff disappears.

As an FYI, the tribbles that moved were wind-up dogs with the dog body removed and the tribble covering the frame. Only half a dozen of those were made.
cexshun
21 years ago
Hey Liz. I collect Yodas!

The price and joy of my collection is one of these is mint condition.
http://www.collectorsgalleryonline.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/vempirepeoplemag.jpg 

I had it archival framed and it looks great.
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
bloody spaniard

you sound sort of perverted to me. a hair fetish. maybe i'm wrong and i have overlooked it.

i can feel the gentile touch of , opps, never mind.
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
Hey JonR-- Rick's over here!!! LOL!
Fight fire w/fire.

Gonna have to keep an eye on Cexshun though-- a yoda collection?!
Mother of mercy.
Please don't tell me that you have tribble slippers.

I'm going to throw my stained Peewee Herman gabardine over my head & hightail it outta this thread before I'm talked into buying a Star Trek uniform.
LOL
MACS
21 years ago
Hey blood, I think the muppet in question is Fozzy Bear.

Sounds like him anyway...

I will go see this one, just like the other 5. I think this will be the best one yet, but I am not fanatical about it. I'll wait until it is out a few weeks before going to see it. I hate crowds (at least in theaters) and this is going to be a circus for a few weeks.
PurpleSageRighter
21 years ago
bloody ...

"BTW, wasn't his voice borrowed from one of the muppets?"

***

Didn't Frank Oz (Miss Piggy and others) do the voice of Yoda in the Empire & Return of the Jedi? ... Yep, he did. I just checked and he's Yoda's voice in Episodes I and II, also.

Purp
Liz62803
21 years ago
AVB,

Nahhh it isn't a real tribble - all it is is a round ball covered with fake black fur type stuff lol - but hey it's a tribble to me - just wish it coo'd lol or whatever that noise was it made.

Liz
Sterling Robert EDD (estimated due date) 7.4.05
Users browsing this topic