usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
to help you get the road fever for your upcoming Journey!!!
I posted this one a few yrs back.. but wasn't going to attempt locating it LOL

Carving Roads Somewhere in PA??? '95'

Hog
411972.jpg

Click to View Image89 View(s)

Thom
21 years ago
Thanks a lot hog.

I so want to ride today, but I'm getting new Z rated tires put on the bike. *sigh*

Yeah, I remember you posting these. Wasn't there another one of you riding in a downpour?
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
LMAO!!
Yea.. I was cutting across US 36 heading back to Illinois from a Kansas run I made when it was pooring like hell from the start of the trip (I hate that) but I'd left on a Thursday night after work and my youngest Daughters 8th grade graduation was on that sunday evening and I had to hightail it back to catch that event.. changed into dry close in the schools restroom LOL

I told my Son (who already learned the hard way) the cheapest Insurance you can have is Good Tires... where the rubber meets the road... and always check the tire pressure before a good ride "Period"

I failed to adhear to my own words one night after installing my rear tire on the bike.. it came to mind pretty quick after being on the road 30 miles to home and Raining, new asphalt on one lane of highway with a 3-4" lip... water was standing against the lip on the low side so I tried to pull up on the lip and get to the highside.. not until I was already heading for the center median on my azz did I have flashes of what was going on?? I didn't check the tire pressure after having a new tire put on.. 72 lbs...(balloon) along with new oily asphalt and rain... it took a couple weeks to heal back up.. but a couple grand to fix the bike back up!!!!

Make sure when you pick your bike up to ask them if they adjusted the air pressure... sometimes like my situation this gets overlooked..

My Son's roadrash came from bald tire and running in the rain.. I'm just thankful he was in town and was trying to stop at a stop sign when he went down... I think he also used to much front break, but he wont admit to that LOL...

Hog
Users browsing this topic