Thom
  • Thom
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Last evening at my friends the McMahan's for dinner I caught this guy on top of the bird feeder.

I'm really enjoying my new digital camera. This was taken on Auto.
412006.jpg

Click to View Image119 View(s)

Thom
  • Thom
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
This picture too, looks good on the internet.

BTW I was about 15 feet away when I took this pic.
dapperdan
21 years ago

I used to see alot of Quail in Fallbrook Ca. where I live but not too much any more. I bought some land up in Anza Ca. and I was walking it and I flushed out a covey of at least 50. Was cool , I don't think I will hunt them. My property is right next to Anza Borrego state park. I enjoy them too much. I like chicken any how.

I had this little black gal that worked for me and there is a KFC across the street. She would go over there and come back and say "I love chicken" and I would say I love chicken too baby. LOL

Oh did I say great picture. I love my digital camera's too! Olympus C3030 3.3 megapixel and Sony DSC f828 8 megapixel 7x optical zoom. Fun.
usahog
21 years ago
Where's my shotgun when I need it?? LOL

Good Pic Thom... that camera does a great job!!!

them Quail breasts on the grill are some damn good eatin!!!!

Hog
MACS
21 years ago
SHOOT IT, SHOOT IT!!
Thom
  • Thom
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I used to hunt quail, but it's just too much work for what little meat you get. You've gotta pluck, gut, and trim out at least 3 of these little buggers just to make a meal. But if someone else wants to go through the trouble, I'll gladly eat a few more.
dapperdan
21 years ago
I have ate a lot of Quail and Pheasant but nothin beats fresh chicken. I don't want to sound like a tree hugger but I just don't see them like I used to so I like them live. It is getting so populated in S. Ca that I miss the wildlife I used too see.
usahog
21 years ago
"You've gotta pluck, gut, and trim out at least 3 of these little buggers just to make a meal."

Yep thats how I toss them in the ziplock too.. 3 ea. LOL... I used to mess with the legs also and toss them all in one bag together then have a lil snack.. but that got to be a pain... I just cut the breast out and toss the rest.. same with dove and pigions LMAO!!

Hog
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
Oops, thought this was a political thread. LOL!
(pretty bird)

I do my hunting at Fresh Fields.
Use a .20ml AMEX.
BMW
  • BMW
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
Beautiful Photo!

We're raising some Chinese Button Quail right now. They're only as big and baby chickens full grown.

Barry
Users browsing this topic