usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Here's the Inn we stayed at in 95 trip to Cape Cod...

on the trip out I had voltage regulator problems about 200 miles out from our destination.. it was boiling my battery... so $128.00 later and a stop at the Falmouth Harley shop I fixed the problem in the parking lot at the Inn when we checked in... the owner of this place is/was a cigar smoker and Rider also and allowed us to park our bikes up underneith his overhand by the front doors entrance...

The pic below was a night I spent with a 12 pack and my tent on the ocean front I also built a fire and watched the waves hit the rocks all night...this was a little patch of space between where we stayed in Falmouth and Boston Mass... it got colder then hell that night and I was bundled up good but not good enough LOL... the breeze off the ocean and when the sun went down the temp dropped at least 20 degrees in less then 15 minutes?? but the end result.. watching the sun rise in the AM on the ocean was worth the pains and damp cold!!!

Hog
413615.jpg

Click to View Image47 View(s)

Thom
21 years ago
Too cool Hog. Thanks for sharing the stories and the pics. I'm looking forward to sharing several pictures and stories from my up coming trip.

I took a trip to Vegas a couple years ago and on the way back home, one of the hotel owners let us (there were 3 of us) put our bikes in his covered parking space. Any cheap hotel is fine with me, as long as the sheets are clean... and sometimes they are not! lol

Anywhere near the ocean cools off quickly after the sun sets. Even in the summer. That's how bonfires happen.
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
LOL Yep... I carried a two man trail tent underneith my trunk on the bike.. and two bedrolls strapped to the top of each sidepack... drove tent stakes with Rocks LOL and many times just pulled off at a nice spot off the highways... but most often at a KOA along the roads....

looking forward to seeing your trip pictures.. brings back allot of good memories that someday the Mrs. and I will share again!!!

Hog
vfrtwice
21 years ago
Awesome story hog!! I miss the days of my bike and youth. We took a trip from here to Ashville Nc to ride Deals Gap once. Just free time.. my bike.. the road.. and the memories.

I love motorcycle road trip stories!!!

ride on Thom!!!!

Keith
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Ashyville is a nice place to tour especially in the early fall when the leaves start turning... running the blue ridge then getting on down into the smokey's!!!!

yea baby... makes me want to sell the house and hit the road tomorrow LOL...

Thom's the Luck Bastage here don't forget LOL

Hog
Thom
21 years ago
HA! Now who's got the road fever Hog? Eh? LMAO!
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
LMAO Ahhhhhhhh Shutup!!!!!!!! LOL

Enjoy your trip Bro!!!! and keep the clean side up!!!

Hog
Thom
21 years ago
Hahaha

Will do Hog, will do.

Talk to you all later. I am outta here...
tailgater
21 years ago
Hog, next time your on the Cape give me a shout.

Actually, in '95 I wasn't living down here yet, so we likely didn't cross paths. I believe the Harley shop is in Pocasset, which is in Bourne, not Falmouth.
Unless it moved since then.

The nights do get chilly in Nantuckey Sound. What beach did you take that picture at? I don't recognize it, since most beaches in that part of Falmouth overlook Martha's Vineyard.

usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
TG... I'll do that.. one of these days the lil lady and I are going to be heading back out that way for a vacation... Pocassatt's was where I purchased the VR from and a couple T-shirts LOL...

this actually wasn't much of a beach front.. it was rocky and it was along the coastal highway heading back to the Cape from Boston, cannot recall what the Rt. number was? US Rt 6 maybe? it was middle weekend of a two week TDY... we had the weekends off usually So I pulled up stakes and did most my running around then... Otis ANG base was where we were working out of

Hog
ryantp
21 years ago
Cape Cod is a beautiful place. My friend's family has a place near Brewster. Love it.
Users browsing this topic