RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
thanks.
416353.jpg

Click to View Image62 View(s)

vfrtwice
21 years ago
Rick,

Nice picture. I had a mourning dove for 6 years when i was a boy for a pet. I found him under our neighbors buckeye tree being bombed by robbins. I took him in as just a fuzz ball. I raised him on wheat cereal(Somewhat a cross between oatmeal, and cream of wheat)A mother dove regergitates a creamy milky substance for her young. This was the closest thing we found that replicated that. He had a huge cage in my bedroom. He escaped twice, but came home a day later just starved. The third time he got out(thanks to my sister every time grrr.) He never came home. He was a great pet. He would always set on the edge of our old claw bath tub, puff up and prune his feather in the steam coming off of the bath water.
I also raised a Kestral(sparrow hawk) found in the same place. He learned to fly, and hung out with me for a few hunting trips, then left one day and never came back.

Keith
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
vfrtwice

just remember the good times when a wild bird or in this case 2 chose to stay with you for a while.

most people aren't that lucky.
Charlie
21 years ago
I had the same experience, when I was a kid in Mississippi, with a barn owl, that had gotten hurt as a little tyke. We took him to a vet, friend of my dad's, they fixed him up and he lived with us for about a year and flew away one nite, but would see him from time to time!

Charlie
Users browsing this topic