TrannyMk
21 years ago
This is an a strange pic. My parrot never has eaten this way , but he did today. I put new perches in there this weekend. I dont think he is used to them yet.

What do you think Rick?
416735.jpg

Click to View Image56 View(s)

RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
he's an amazon and they are all nuts.

what kind of perches did you have before? have you tried manzanita or ironwood branches? they are industructible and i'll bet he/she ate the last perches. i'm not particularly fond of dowels, birds need different diameter perches so that their feet can move and grip differently all the time.

is he in an outside cage or is it moveable. looks like you made the cage and it looks pretty good.
TrannyMk
21 years ago
Rick

Those perches are oak ones that arent strait or one diameter. The diameter changes from one end to the other. This Amazon isnt destructive at all. He never chewed on his old perches. They just got old and dried out and developed some cracks.

Yes I did build this cage myself. Go to the other thread I posted for you. It has a much better overall shot of the cage.
Users browsing this topic