fpaternostro
21 years ago
They just keep getting better and better. Here is a box of Part. 898's being sold for $350 a box from a local. They come completely enclosed in shrinkwrap and the varnished box is really high quality. I've actually smoked a couple and they are a great smoke and I'm almost positive its cuban tobacco, but a few things that are dead give-aways. No parchment paper on the inside of the box, the seal is on the varnished box itself which they never do and the most obvious is the serial # having 2 letters and only 5 #'s instead of 6. Everything else is perfect including the right bands, the burned in info on the bottom and the actual warranty seal itself.
416860.JPG

Click to View Image80 View(s)

Slimboli
21 years ago
A 'local' you say?!? Where do you live?

I always thaought you resided in the USA for some reason ...

... no wonder you are always teasing with the forbidden fruit ... 😉
Buckwheat
21 years ago
Bastards!!! I hate seeing sh1t like this. I'd love to see some close-up pictures of the box and cigars. There is more than one site that advertises "fakes".
BLISTER
21 years ago
Frank,

It looks like these babies are sitting on your kitchen floor. Does that mean you paid $350.00 for them?

Ugh!! I hope they were gifted
fpaternostro
21 years ago
No. Unfortunately this a buddy of mine who bought these from a local in NJ. I'm in Ct. and its funny cause almost all the locals I go to even in Ct. have cubans for sale in the back or hidden away somewhere. I always ask because its good for a laugh being that I have yet to find one that actually was selling authentics. Its pretty obvious when they have Cohiba Esplendidos, Robustos, MC LE's, and Punch Punch all being sold for the same price of $20 each. I love how they explain it later when they find out that I know for sure they're fake. Almost everyone will come back with, "Well try them, they're a great smoke regardless". For $20 a pop, NO THANKS! I just couldn't believe how good these particular fakes were compared to all the others I've seen. Usually they won't spend the money for this high quality but these would be even tough for an expert to distinguish if they were given out of the box.
fpaternostro
21 years ago
My buddy sent a few different pics, some were a little closer so I'll see if I can throw another one up.
Users browsing this topic