usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I had a Plaque I had made from a good friend/woodworker to give to Scotty Parker 9 time Grand National Championship winner of the AMA Dirt Track... Yesterday during the rain delay the Mrs. and I went searching for the Man... right when she asked me So what does he look like I turned and with a Big Smile said... That Guy right there and pointed... He was standing over by the tents in the background talking with a couple other folks... So we waited, then finally we moved in to speak with him and get him to sign a couple Keepsakes... I told him I'd been trying to get him this plaque since 1999 when I had them made.. (I'll Post another pic of the plaque) I had two made, one to present to him and one for him to sign along with (Retired) Harley Wrench, Bill Werner...

I also had a poster that I talked the Kuwait Harley Davidson Owner into giving me during a Deployment for Operation Enduring Freedom "2002" Scotty Signed it along with Bill Werner, Jay Springsteen, and I've got to get Rich King, Chris Carr, Steve Morehead and a few others who ran the Harley Davidson Factory Sponsored Races...

The Mrs. and I along with the young one had worked since Thursday on the weekend events.. and getting up and rolling Sunday Morning at 7 Am.. I forgot to bring my Cigars with me.. I seen a couple guys in the pits smoking some nice cigars... But mine were sitting at home ;0( DOH!!!!!!!!!

Hog
420963.JPG

Click to View Image70 View(s)

Da Chief
21 years ago
Hog...whatever you do...please put the sharpies in another place...if you fall your going to hurt yourself. LOL!

Gary aka Da Chief
EI
  • EI
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
keep the sharpies right there Hog... If your not living on the edge your takin up too much room
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
LMAO... I didn't need the sharpies after all... but I wasn't going to not have them and miss the moment...

I'll take a picture of the poster and the plaque and get them posted!!!

Hog
MACS
21 years ago
Sorry Russ... don't see the excitement in stuff like that. And by that I mean autographs and such.

They're people. Athletes, bike riders or not, they're people and having something with their name scribbled on it doesn't interest me in the least.

But if that's what you enjoy. Glad you got the chance to do it.
rayder1
21 years ago
That's pretty neat. Lemme tell you...those sharpies scare the crap out of drivers, riders (and other celebrities) when they see you coming.

Put 'em in your pocket and your autograph targets won't have an opinion about you before you open your mouth. I've had to work security for and around many high caliber folks and they start smart mouthing people who walk up with a handful of pictures, posters and sharpies before they even get there. The celebs are almost always cordial and pleasant to your face but they trash talk you bad when you are walking up and don't give you nearly as much attention or stuff if you aren't more casual.

I've never asked for an autograph in my life but I have dozens of them as well as some pretty neat stuff. I've been around it all my life with my folk's connections, so I have gotten to see the "please leave me alone" side of their lives.
Users browsing this topic