texasmoose
21 years ago
Hey ya'll...anyone know where I could get a box of these? I have looked everywhere and can't find any in stock. If anyone does, could you email me. Thanks

Paul

paul_munson at hotmail dot com
xibbumbero
21 years ago
Sometimes,you can find these on the Y or E auction sites but be prepared to pay at least double MSRP,maybe more. These are no longer being made and this creates a seller market. Good luck.
texasmoose
21 years ago
A little birdy told me that I might be able to get a box at the Fuente store in Vegas. Anyone live in Vegas and might be headed that way that could possibly check? If convenient!!! Thanks.
bassdude
21 years ago
I am sure that in Vegas you'll pay at least twice retail.

18delta
21 years ago
you probably won't find any anywhere. i've got a few left and i'm hating it because those are my absolute favorite. good luck

Da Chief
21 years ago
Is this by AF?

If so I know where to get some.

Da Chief
Pancho
21 years ago
Do tell, Chief.
Da Chief
21 years ago
If this is the same...they sell them on base now at the BX.

Pancho
21 years ago
Please confirm. If they do, I'll buy a box or do a split with you, however you want to handle it.

The guy who runs my local says they quit making these some time ago and that they are impossible to find now.
BLISTER
21 years ago
Chief,

Don't confuse these with AF Chateau SG

These babies are RARE
texasmoose
21 years ago
Da Chief,
If they are the 8-5-8 SG's I would like a box. I know that they quit making them but we know a box was picked up not too long ago at the Fuente store in Vegas. They are my favs as well thanks to Rogfam1!!!!

Paul
Da Chief
21 years ago
I know the difference cause I have them too.
I have a couple of these in my humi.

I will double check.

Da Chief
deadeyedick
21 years ago
I would be VERY surprised if these are available anywhere, with the possible exception of the Casa Fuents store, until around December.

I have a few left from '02 production.

DED
Pancho
21 years ago
If they do sell them at the BX, we're all about to find out who Chief's real friends are.
texasmoose
21 years ago
Why december, DED? Are they going to bring 'em back? Do you know something?! TELL TELL!!!! HAHA!!!

Da Chief
21 years ago
It blew me away...I walked into the BX in San Antonio while TDY and seen a large cabinet humi in there. I said WTFO....checked it out. All AF gars inside...They were in the shoppettes to on base.

So I walk into the BX here at PAFB and see the same set up...so will go over there tomorrow and see if any are still in there.

Da Chief.
texasmoose
21 years ago
Thanks Da Chief!!! If so, please email me.

paul_munson at hotmail dot com
deadeyedick
21 years ago
I say December because the 858 SG has not been produced by Fuente since 2002. Each year about December Fuente sends a very few boxes (sometimes only one box) to the cigar stores who won it's display contests.

In other words they use these as a reward to stores who feature Fuente's other products on thier shelves all year. Many retailers will allocate these to max of 2 per customer. They are much harder to find than Anejos, Opus, etc.

I have been lucky enough to find about 6 boxes in the last two years and am always on the lookout for more. Retail should be $135 - $160/box but individuals often are asking and getting twice that.

Will be interesting to see what Da Chief finds out.

DED
andytv
21 years ago
I am also interested in these....texasmoose and i are on a similar quest.

A few weeks ago, I smoked a Anejo #77, an OpusX Fuente Fuente, and an 8-5-8 SG back to back. I felt that the 8-5-8 ran circles around the others.
xibbumbero
21 years ago
DED,I read on another BB that an AF rep came into a BAM and of the things he said,one was that there will be no contest this year and no 858 SG's.X :~(
Users browsing this topic