Pinto
  • Pinto
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
Ok here we go with a new pass, thanks to multiple contributors a former KISS pass got slightly out of hand, so we'll regroup here.

New Rules

1.Post your puts and takes(must be equal value or greater)
2.No Host bag
3. Due to the higher value, must be established traders on this board.
4. Enjoy the pass

Currently in the hands of Sloth, then the list is as follows(if you want off the list please say so)

1. wennerman
2. eodusmc
3. zapgr
4. teedubbya
5. mr.harten
6. Pinto
7. DPreece

Contents at Sloth
-Black Pearl Maduro
-Punch
-Carlos Tarano Exodus
-Legends...Green Label and Blue Label
-Perdomo Reserve LT Cab-White Label
-Perdomo2
-Cupido
-Carlos Torano Tribute Church Vin2003
-Gurka Regent
-Gurka mini (Looks like a roach..LOL)
-Cuban Perejo (Fat ****)
-Perdomo Reserve Cab with Red Label
-RyJ Reserva Real
-Onyx
-CAO Black
-CAO Brazilia Go
-Hoya De Monterrey Dark Sumi
-Monte Cristo
-La Gloria Cubana Serie R
-Olivia
-Perdomo Reserve LT Cab - White label
-Cusano Corojo 1997 Vintage
-Macanudo Vintage 1997
-AF Gran Reserva
RP Sungrown Torp
Fuente Sungrown Churchill
Gurhka Master Select "The Duke"
Montecristo Series VI Torp
Montecristo Corona Gorda
La Escepcion Series IV Tapas Negras
Diamond Crown Maximus Churchill #2
Perdermo Cabinet Reserve "R"
PAM 64 Exclusivo
PAN 64 Principe
Opus X Fuente Fuente
Pancho
21 years ago
So how does this work? Once these 7 people trade equal or better cigars for the ones listed, who ends up with the box of 35+ top shelf smokes? Because there is no host, what ultimately happens to all these good cigars?
bassdude
21 years ago
good question.
Da Chief
21 years ago
They get sent to Da Chief's Incenderary Graveyard! LOL!
Pancho
21 years ago
Pinto,

I'm not trying to be contrary with you, but I ask those questions for three reasons. First, about 20 of those cigars came out of my humidor, so I feel like I have an interest in what happens to the box pass that I thought I was contributing them towards. Second, I do not see that the people who are on the list of recipients have agreed to this change in the box pass. Third, it is a big departure from the KISS box pass guidelines and I think the change should be agreed to.

Having said that, if this is how the listed recipients want to handle it, they certainly have every right to do so.
Da Chief
21 years ago
Panch...put your name at the end of the list. Do what you see fit when it gets to you since you are the primary one who lifted it up.

Just my 2 cents.

Da Chief
Pancho
21 years ago
I really don't want the sticks, and i don't want for it to look like I'm raising a stink to try to get them.

I just am not comfortable with the way it is set up right now. If the thread is closed to new participants and it is now simply a strange version of a box pass (no host and no end), the guys who remain on the thread need to figure out some reasonable way to distribute the sticks. It should be easy enough to do that.

Pinto, seriously, I appreciate you stepping up to take charge of this. I just think it needs to be clear to all participants what is going on.
BuckyB93
21 years ago
OK, I know I'm butting in where I don't belong but a thought popped into my head. I have no claim to anything other than this thought. I will share it and crawl back into my hole.

If no resolution can be agreed upon and if the pass looks like it’s coming to a dead end, send the remaining sticks to OpFTH. I know that the OpFTH Officers can ID some folks over seas who are true cigar aficionados. I'm sure they would appreciate some higher end smokes to compliment the lower end ones they commonly get.

Just a thought. (Bucky backs into his hole).
gonesledn
21 years ago
as one of the first group of people in the kiss pass, i will addd my .02
i agree with bucky. the pass was started to be kept to a maximum of 10-15 sticks. when it has gotten too big in the past it was weeded out and gars were sent to the troops.


wes
Da Chief
21 years ago
Good idea!!!!

Da Chief
Pancho
21 years ago
Input from folks downstream?

1. wennerman
2. eodusmc
3. zapgr
4. teedubbya
5. mr.harten
6. Pinto
7. DPreece
sloth
21 years ago
thats a brillant idea... sending some sticks to the troops is ther best way to end this pass...

really i think this pass needs to retire. just finish off who is left and the last person can send them off to the troops...

...all good things come to an end..
teedubbya
21 years ago
I'm cool with whatever is decided, but would put much more weight with the vote of the folks who beefed this boxpass up than my own.
Pancho
21 years ago
I'm fine with whatever course of action is agreed upon by the people who are now in line to receive the pass.

We have a new KISS pass going on another thread, so it's up to you guys who are downstream on this one.
sloth
21 years ago
btw...just got the package from da big c... waiting for pinto... probably will be holding them hostage over the holiday weekend...
eodusmc
21 years ago
agree with bucky.
Velvet Jones
21 years ago
Send 'em to the troops and get in line on the new KISS Pass.
wennerman
21 years ago
My 0.02..send them to the troops..with all our blessings...and then get in line for the new KISS pass
Tom
Pancho
21 years ago
You dudes join the new KISS pass AND finish passing this box around to those left on the list before sending it off to the troops. You guys deserve to get the pass while it's full of good sticks.

Sounds like a happy ending.
mr.harten
21 years ago
I agree. Finish sending to the people currently on the list. When it gets to DPreece he can send it to the troops. Plus if we all agree to that then I can add some extra sticks to it when it reaches me for the troops.

BRING IT ON!
Users browsing this topic