baracuda
21 years ago
HOW DOES ONE DESCRIBE

How does one describe to another : The way this group of people with no elected or appointed officials, no chain of command or established hierarchy, possesses the ability to organizes itself in carrying out a mission so effective and efficient that the CEO’s of corporations would be wise to study and apply the processes and procedures used ?

How does one describe to another : How this group of people with no recruiting officers, no membership fees, no initiation procedures, no awards or certificates of recognition that have any meaning except to members therein, can put aside ; Their political, religious, social, and personal differences to unite in helping one of their own ?

How does one describe to another : How a hobby, a seemingly insignificant single point of interest can unite a group of people and spawn ; So much care and concern, compassion and generosity, such tremendous outpourings of charity and benevolence that bring a grown man to tears of gratitude ?


Webster offers this :

Brotherhood ; 3 an association or community of people.

Fraternity ; 1 a group of people sharing a common profession or interests. 4 friendship and mutual support within a group.

Association ; 1 a group of people organized for a joint purpose. 2 a connection or link between people or organizations.

Society ; 4 an organization or club formed for a particular purpose or activity.

Altruism ; 1 unselfish concern for others

Philanthropy ; 1 good will toward all people

Munificent ; very generous.

Although these terms are accurate I have found them lacking in that they only scratch the surface of the depth, width, and length of the bond that this group of people possesses and how far they will go to help one of their own.




How does one describe to another : The privilege, honor and pride possessed by being associated with this group of people ?

How does one describe to another : The fervidness felt, by my family and I, in being fortunate enough to be considered a member of this group of people ?

How does one describe to another : The emotions embodied in being the recipient of this group of people’s charity, benevolence, care and concern ?


Webster offers this :

Zeal ; great energy or enthusiasm for a cause or objective.

Gratitude ; thankfulness; appreciation of kindness.

Thankful ; 1 conscious of benefit received 2 expressive of thanks

Again : although these words are accurate I have found them lacking, in that they do not completely describe the overwhelming emotions that are experienced when the realization that this group of people, from all walks of life, have come together in a concerted effort to help you and yours.

As many of you know, I am originally from and now live about 70 miles north of New Orleans in one the areas ( Pearl River county ) affected by Hurricane Katrina. My family and I have been greatly blessed in that our immediate family and friends are all alive and accounted for and that our home sustained only minor roof damage, caused by the high winds.
Several days ago upon returning from a trip to New Orleans to assess any damages at my sister’s and a friend of mine’s parents home, we pulled into my driveway. Parked there was a large white cargo van and someone is handing bags of goods to my wife ( Jeanne ) My sister said, “ Look at Jeanne, she’s already got the friekin Red Cross delivering stuff to the house ! “ For those you who have met Jeanne, you know how charismatic and witty she is. She also knows most of the people in the town we live in. I wasn’t nor would I be surprised if she had managed to pull something like this off. So, my sister, her fiancé and I get out of the car and start heading toward the house. My future brother-in-law ( David ) got there first and asks the guy in the van, “How ya doin ?” I hear the fella say, “ Pretty good, we’re just dropping some stuff off here. “ David says, “ Ya’ll doin this for everybody ? “ The guy responds, “ Nope, just Jason and Jeanne, there good friends of ours .”

I had heard most of the conversation as I approached the rear of van. I was a little puzzled by the statement the guy in the van had made about being good friends of ours, because I didn’t recognize him. He had has back to me as he was reaching for some bags toward the front of the van. I was reaching into the van to grab one of the bags from the guy as he turned around to hand them to me and ........HOLY ****, It was 18Delta !!!! I was floored, Gerilynn then comes walking outta da’ house and says, “ how ya doin Cuda, we thought ya’ll might need some supplies.”

Chris and Gerilynn had borrowed a van, gone to Walmart, loaded up a but load of supplies and driven five hours ( on Labor Day ) to personally deliver them. They brought 50 gallons of gas, which is like gold right now. A propane camping stove and roughly 30 propane bottles. A propane lantern, mucho toilet paper, fruit juices, can goods, cookies and chips for the children. Rope for clothes lines, a couple solar shower bags..mmm hot water !! .... napkins, hand wipes, soap, dish detergent, clothes detergent, a battery operated DVD player so the little ones could watch movies and plethora of things used on a daily basis.
For a cherry on top....Chris opens his travel humi and says take your pick. I smoked an Opus X and Chris had a VSG as we swapped stories about their trip down and our hurricane experience. It was a much needed break from the goings on that had taken place for the last week.

Some of these things might not sound as though they’re all that important but when gas stations and grocery stores haven’t been open for a week the simple things become real important.
Chris informed me that they had collected funds from the brothers on the cigar boards and felt that there was nothing they’d rather do on Labor Day, than take a trip to help us out.

Guys, my family, friends and neighbors thank you for your overwhelming outpouring of generosity and concern. I do not have words to describe the sense of gratitude we feel. I am proud to call all of you my friends, associates, clansmen... I am proud, honored and priveliged to call you my brothers !

Thanks to all of you, you guys truly are the best !
Jason
dave97402
21 years ago
Jason...truly a pleasure and not near enough. But glad to help anyway we can. As for the Deltas.....um, we all are in awe!

Dave
zapgr
21 years ago
we only gave money

The deltas dd a fantastic job.

But you the cuda's went way above the call of duty and you are an inspiration to everyone here...you are heroic

getting mail

need gars? anything you got my email

Greg
myash07
21 years ago
Well said Dave...
baracuda
21 years ago
back up top for those who haven't seen
Users browsing this topic