jreddoch
24 years ago
Picked up one of these today in the smokeshop I work in. Excellent smoke. Packed in Tercio palm bark, which is apparently how they used to pack Cubanos. It has a natural maduro wrapper. Full-bodied and rich. I loved it. It has a pigtail at the head and an uncut foot, like a Bohemian, but it tastes nothing like them. All the tobacco is from the Talanga valley in Honduras. A real find. Gonz? Keith? Any chance of adding this baby to the cbid line up? check it out.
couldITbe
24 years ago
They've been on order since RTDA. If I recall correctly it will be shipping in October.
jreddoch
23 years ago
Top for X. I'd call these med. bodied rather than full. Nice, rich taste and slow-burning.
BMW
  • BMW
  • Herf-A-Holic
23 years ago
What was the flavor profile like? I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and just haven't smoked it. I guess if you really don't like them you can smoke the palm bark LOL.
Barry
xibbumbero
23 years ago
Thanx Jim.
LMAO at Barry. X
jreddoch
23 years ago
Good idea for the palm bark. I'm not as imaginative as the people at CA, but I'd say it has a cedary, mildly spicy and rich profile. The wrappers are naturally dark, rather than "cooked" so it doesn't taste like other maduros. If you're looking for a very full-bodied and strong cigar this probably isn't for you. It falls right in the middle of the strength spectrum. They're my favorite new cigar.
Mr.Mean
23 years ago
Picked one of these up from a local shop here in Houston based on your comments J. Hope to try it out this week.
jreddoch
23 years ago
I hope you like it. God, the pressure...
DrMaddVibe
23 years ago
It's a GOOD smoke that I'm sure will be in your rotation due to it's price.
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
23 years ago
I won 4 5-packs over the course of a month here at Cbid; I like them and have added to the line-up; I'm letting them get some humi time and rest; they don't need it but every good premium benefits from some humi time. No, not full bodied, more on the medium to full side but very tasty and different.
digdug77
23 years ago
Good smoke, medium body, unfinished foot adds flavor at light up (my opinion). Very smooth.
rnsthomas
23 years ago
Sure hope C Bid picks up on these beauties! I paid almost $10 stick in Bellevue WA for these cigars. Great smoke but local cigar store wants nearly $250 for a bundle.
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Smoked my 1st of a bundle that I've had for almost a year now. Good flavor with tons of smoke per mouthful. Yet I would classify it's strength as medium. You can almost feel your teeth getting stained; lol. These are right up there with the Savinelli 2nds for outstanding bargains.
Mr_Vance
22 years ago
I heard a rumor that bundles were now being made without the tercio bark wrapping, just cigars and shrink wrap. Has anybody seen this and if so are they the same blend?

Keep smokin' (]]]]]]]]]~~~
Steve*R
22 years ago
see thread:
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=1&messageDisplay=0000000016717 

I've purchased bundles of both the (1)en Tercio and (2)Celloed and bundled. My impression is that they are not the same blend. The originals had a generous 52 gauge; the celloed I received were 48.
wouldestous
22 years ago
what steve said. i dont think the ones in cello are the same cigar and i dont like them as well. ymmv.
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Mine were wrapped in the bark. Guess I'll just have to savor these. Sounds like I won't be getting any more.
Users browsing this topic