Slimboli
24 years ago
This evening, while searching my humidors for the right cigar, I came across a handfull of cigars that I forgot I had ...

These were the Dominican Romeo y Julieta Churchill that I bought a couple of years ago, and that have been sitting there aging all that time.

I couldn't believe what I was smoking. It was absolutely fantastic in every way possible. With exceptional construction, it burned perfectly, and had the most wonderful toasty flavor ... I just couldn't put it down very long. I had to keep going back to it, and even relighting it, it just kept getting better. It had a bite to it that I don't think it had when I first got them. One thing that really impressed me about this cigar ... is the incredible aroma of the smoke and the aftertaste it left on my palate. I am still smacking my lips with the lingering flavors it has left me with ... very satisfying.

If I remember corectly, I wasn't all that thrilled with them when I first got them. Maybe that is why I never thought about them much. But the one thing that could have put them over the top ... was the age I put on them.

It was like finding a buried treasure ... and now I will be treating these gems with a little more respect, and will bringing them out a little more often.
BMW
  • BMW
  • Herf-A-Holic
24 years ago
Shoot Slim, Now I've got to go empty all my humidors just to find out if I've been missing something. LoL. Barry
eze
  • eze
  • Herf-A-Holic
24 years ago
If you like those try the Exhibicion #3. Bought a box a few months ago and having trouble keeping my hands off them. An almost flawless cigar.
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
24 years ago
Nice find Slim

I've had the same experience with some Carlos Toranos I forgot about. Pulled them out to discover they were loaded with Plume (Bloom, whatever).

Since then, I find that trying to keep my hands off some of my new finds and letting them get some age first is the hardest thing to do; especially with some of the premiums and ISOMS...just sitting there...resting...that's it! I'm getting one right now!!!
Charlie
24 years ago
Damn, I dug in one of mine and found a Hamilton House, curse! Charlie
SteveS
24 years ago
Nice find, Charlie ... lol
JonR
24 years ago
Hey Charlie: They go great with orange kool-aid, LOL JonR
jjohnson28
24 years ago
Mmmmmmmmm Orange Kool Aid and a piece of red licorice for a staw. Now thats livin'!
jjohnson28
24 years ago
LOL @ Charlie...I was digging through my stash last night,I was lookin for my last Bolivar Petite Corona ISOM and I realized something, I gottsta get to smokin man cause I gots a ton of single cigars from trades and sh*t that I've never even tried yet.
bud451
24 years ago
Come on Jim....nothing beats Quick and Cheetos!
bullwinkle
24 years ago
JJ...I've got that problem too, my cigar stash never seems to get any smaller...No matter how much I smoke, I just can't figure it out...Maybe I should stop bidding on CBID?....naw....Just smoke more I guess 😎
Slimboli
24 years ago
Oh ... and another cigar I found, was one that Keith (Rookie139) sent me last year from the 2001 Cleveland Big Smoke.

If I'm not mistaken, these were rolled on the spot and given to the folks who attended the event.

Keith ... it's really looking good, it has a nice oily (shiny) wrapper and smells great!

Do you think it's over the 'sick' stage by now?

... hummmmmm ... when to smoke, when to smoke ...
Slimboli
24 years ago
... and what factory roller made this one, do you remember?
rookie139
24 years ago
It was rolled by Frank Ruiz of Fonseca..I'm sure it's nicely aged now!...Niiice!
Tobasco
24 years ago
Slimboli, Ive experienced the same thing. Some smokes
arent aged enough from the manufacturer and are harsh or not as flavorful as could be. A little aging,6 months at least, seems to make a difference depending on the cigar-Magnafide
Users browsing this topic